Carte de l'Egypte, de Ia Nubie, de l'Abissinie
- Amsterdam : Covens, Jean; Mortier, Corneille, 1700, 1750.
- Physical description
- 1 map ; 49 x 57 cm
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|G8220  .L5||In-library use|
Item belongs to a collection
The collection contains 312 maps of Africa and its islands collected by Oscar I. Norwich, and includes sea charts and maps of Southern Africa; the Cape of Good Hope; North, East, and West Africa; islands, ports, and town plans. The majority of the maps are loose items, but a certain number are from rare, published atlases; a few were published in travel books.
- L'Isle, Guillaume de, 1675-1726, creator.
- Publication date
- Title Translation
- Map of Egypt, Nubia and Abyssinia.
- Map Data
- Scale in Turkish miles, sea leagues, French leagues (E 8°44′--E 91°8′/N 50°29′--S 34°15′)
- Companion map (see NOR 0297). Includes Horn of Africa, Arabia and a portion of Persia. Top right: 22.
- Norwich, I., Pam Kolbe, and Jeffrey C Stone. Norwich's Maps of Africa: An Illustrated and Annotated Carto-Bibliography. 2nd ed. / rev. and edited by Jeffrey C. Stone. Norwich, Vt.: Terra Nova Press, 1997, map 0298, p. 338
- Dr. Oscar I. Norwich
- David Rumsey Map Center copy 1: Norwich no. NOR 0298.