- London : Cruchley, G. F., 1841.
- Physical description
- 1 map ; 35 x 45 cm
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|G8200 1841 .C7||In-library use|
Item belongs to a collection
The collection contains 312 maps of Africa and its islands collected by Oscar I. Norwich, and includes sea charts and maps of Southern Africa; the Cape of Good Hope; North, East, and West Africa; islands, ports, and town plans. The majority of the maps are loose items, but a certain number are from rare, published atlases; a few were published in travel books.
- Cruchley, G. F., creator.
- Supplemental links
- Georeferenced map
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale in English miles (W 18°--E 51°/N 37°--S 35°)
- Title across top: Cruchley's Improved Atlas for Schools and Families. Top right: 27; Prime meridian through Greenwich.
- Norwich, I., Pam Kolbe, and Jeffrey C Stone. Norwich's Maps of Africa: An Illustrated and Annotated Carto-Bibliography. 2nd ed. / rev. and edited by Jeffrey C. Stone. Norwich, Vt.: Terra Nova Press, 1997, map 0139, p. 158
- Dr. Oscar I. Norwich
- David Rumsey Map Center copy 1: Norwich no. NOR 0139.
Browse related items
Start at call number: