Old man time
- Milt Hinton.
- New York, N.Y. : Chiaroscuro : SOS, 
- Physical description
- 2 audio discs (149 min., 38 sec.) : digital, stereo ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
- Hinton, Milt. Instrumentalist Singer Speaker
- Cheatham, Doc. Instrumentalist
- Gillespie, Dizzy, 1917-1993 Instrumentalist
- Terry, Clark. Instrumentalist
- Grey, Al. Instrumentalist
- Barefield, Eddie, 1909-1991. Instrumentalist
- Phillips, Flip. Instrumentalist
- Tate, Buddy. Instrumentalist
- Bunch, John. Instrumentalist
- Richards, Red. Instrumentalist
- Simmons, Norman, 1929- Instrumentalist
- Smith, Derek, 1931-2016. Instrumentalist
- Sutton, Ralph, 1922-2001. Instrumentalist
- Barker, Danny. Instrumentalist
- Casey, Al. Instrumentalist
- Johnson, Gus, 1913-2000 Instrumentalist
- King, Gerryck. Instrumentalist
- Rosengarden, Bobby. Instrumentalist
- Williams, Jackie, 1933- Instrumentalist
- Hampton, Lionel. Instrumentalist
- Calloway, Cab, 1907-1994 Singer
- Williams, Joe, 1918-1999 Singer
- Clayton, Buck, 1911-1991. Arranger
- Disc one: Old man time / Friend, Reynolds (4:41)
- Time after time / Styne, Cahn (3:26)
- Sometimes I'm happy / Youmans, Caesar (4:34)
- A hot time in the old town tonight / Metz (1:55)
- Four or five times / Gay, Hellman (5:10)
- Now's the time / Parker (4:23)
- Time on my hands / Youmans, Adamson, Gordon (6:20)
- Heart of my heart / Hein (5:18)
- I ain't gonna give nobody none o' this jelly roll / Williams (2:55)
- Mama don't allow it / Davenport (2:40)
- Girl of my dreams / Clapp (7:24)
- This time it's us / Hinton, Gillespie (9:47)
- Good time Charlie / O'Keefe (3:52)
- Jazzspeak #1 (13:09).
- Disc two: It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing / Ellington, Mills (4:23)
- Blue skies / Berlin (5:06)
- Slap happy / Hinton, Hampton (3:42)
- The yellow front / Clayton (9:13)
- Bloody Mary / Clayton (5:48)
- Milt's rap / Berger, Phillips (1:57)
- Jazzspeak #2 (43:00).
- Release date
- Production date
- Jazz; Jazzspeak #1 (disc one, track 14) features Hinton, Calloway, Cheatham, and Barefield reminiscing about their experiences in the early days; Jazzspeak #2 (disc two, track 7) is a monologue by Milt Hinton.
- Arrangements by Buck Clayton (disc two, tracks 4-5).
- "A recording dedicated to Mona Hinton"--Container.
- Compact discs.
- Notes on the recording by Hank O'Neal and brief statements about Hinton by famous bass players ( p. : ports.) inserted in container.
- Production Credits
- Produced by Hank O'Neal.
- Milt Hinton, bass, vocals ; with (variously) Doc Cheatham, Dizzy Gillespie, Clark Terry, trumpet ; Al Grey, trombone ; Eddie Barefield, Joe Camel [i.e. Flip Phillips], Buddy Tate, clarinet, saxophone ; John Bunch, Red Richards, Norman Simmons, Derek Smith, Ralph Sutton, piano ; Danny Barker, Al Casey, guitar ; Gus Johnson, Gerryck King, Bob Rosengarden, Jackie Williams, drums ; Lionel Hampton, vibraphone ; Cab Calloway, Joe Williams, vocals.
- Recorded between March 28, 1989 and March 27, 1990, in various locations.
- Publisher Number
- CR(D) 310 Chiaroscuro
Browse related items
Start at call number: