Calculation of compensation and damages in international investment law
- Irmgard Marboe.
- Second edition.
- Oxford ; New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 2017.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xli, 556 pages ; 25 cm.
- Oxford international arbitration series.
Law Library (Crown)
|K3830 .M37 2017||Unknown|
- Marboe, Irmgard, author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 517-538) and index.
- The function of compensation and damages
- Valuation standards and criteria
- International valuation standards, bases of value, and valuation approaches
- Methods of valuation in international practice
- Publisher's Summary
- Fully revised and updated from the successful first edition, this title analyses the practice of international courts and tribunals with regard to the valuation of investment claims against states, paying specific attention to the question of interest. This new edition incorporates new jurisprudence, updates existing cases, and includes a new section on immaterial damage. The new edition also contains extensive annexes devoted to ICSID cases and non-ICSID investment cases, as well as a table on methods of valuation in international practice. This issue of valuation represents one of the most important aspects of international investment disputes. The parties involved have an obvious interest in an appropriate solution to the question of the quantum of damages. The sums involved are high and this is particularly true in the context of private foreign investment. With the increase in international investment both in the developing as well as the developed world, there is a growing need for a stable and predictable approach to quantum. This new edition meets the needs of foreign investors and host states by setting the issue of valuation on more solid ground. It provides an analysis of how international courts and tribunals have handled cases until now. The emphasis lies on the correct identification of the legal basis claim to inform the valuation method. The author concludes with suggestions and proposals as to how valuation should be handled by legal councils, experts, judges, and arbitrators in international judicial proceedings.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780198749936 20170814
- Publication date
- Oxford international arbitration series
- Other edition
- Revision of: Marboe, Irmgard. Calculation of compensation and damages in international investment law. Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2009 ( 9780199551712 )
- 9780198749936 hardback
- 0198749937 hardback
Browse related items
Start at call number: