Women's magazine archive
- [Ann Arbor, MI] : ProQuest, -
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- ProQuest (Firm), publisher.
- Content as of Jan. 5,
- 2017: Better Homes and Gardens (9/1/1925-12/1/1961), ISSN 0006-0151
- Chatelaine (1/1/1940-12/1/2005, incomplete), ISSN 0009-1995
- Cosmopolitan (1/1965-12/1993), ISSN 0010-9541
- Essence (7/1970-4/1977), ISSN 0014-0880
- Good Housekeeping (1887-12/1/1912, incomplete), ISSN 0017-209X
- Ladies' Home Journal (1887-12/1/1919), ISSN 0023-7124
- Parents (1/1/1949-12/1/1972), ISSN 1083-6373
- Redbook (11/1903-1/2002, incomplete), ISSN 0034-2106
- Seventeen (1/1970- 11/1987), ISSN 0037-301X
- WIN News (6/1975-10/1985), ISSN 0145-7985
- Woman's Day (10/7/1937-12/18/2001), ISSN 0043-7336.
- A searchable archive of leading women's interest magazines, dating from the 19th century through to the 21st. Subject coverage includes consumer culture, economics/marketing, family life, fashion, gender studies, health and fitness, home/interior design, popular culture, and social history. This database provides access to the complete archives of several 19th and 20th-century women's magazines. In combination, the publications cover topics such as family life, home economics, health, careers, fashion, culture, and many more; this material serves multiple research areas, from gender studies, social history, and the arts, through to education, politics and marketing/media history. The magazines are all scanned from cover to cover in high-resolution color and include non-article items, such as advertisements. Detailed article-level indexing, with document feature flags, enables searching and navigation.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- According to the publisher, this archive is still growing. It is expected to be complete in September 2017.