East India Company
- Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017-
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- 1: Trade, Governance and Empire, 1600-1947
- 2: Factory Records for South Asia and South-East Asia
- 3: Factory Records for China, Japan and the Middle East (forthcoming).
- ["Offers access to a unique collection of India Office Records from the British Library, London. Containing royal charters, correspondence, trading diaries, minutes of council meetings and reports of expeditions, among other document types, this resource charts the history of British trade and rule in the Indian subcontinent and beyond from 1600 to 1947."]
- East India Company > History > Sources.
- Great Britain > Commerce > Asia > History > Sources.
- Asia > Commerce > Great Britain > History > Sources.
- Great Britain > Colonies > Asia > History > Sources.
- East India Company.
- British colonies.
- Great Britain.
- Beginning date
- Module 1: Trade, Governance and Empire, 1600-1947. This module consists of the complete IOR classes A, B, C, and D and their associated Z-class indexes, comprising 932 volumes. Document types include Minutes of council meetings (Court of Directors, Court of Proprietors and Council of India), Memoranda and papers laid before councils, Council resolutions, Proceedings of revenue boards, Charters, Text of legislation, Printed books, Correspondence, Lists of administrative, military and ecclesiastical personnel.
- Module 2 and 3 factory records are scheduled for publication in 2018 and 2019, respectively. Factory records consist of papers sent to London from the East India Company's "factories", or trading posts, across Asia and parts of Africa, including letters sent and received, official trading diaries, accounts of the Company's embassies to rulers, proceedings of provincial councils and revenue boards, military documents and account books.
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.