Dictionary of organic compounds
- Web version.
- [New York?] : Chapman and Hall/CRC, 2007-
- Physical description
-  volume : illustrations.
- The DOC database contains nearly 99,000 entries comprising more than 292,000 organic compounds. It includes the following compounds: the basic fundamental organic compounds of simple structure, compounds of industrial or commercial value including currently important pharmaceuticals, pesticides, monomers, etc., Compounds frequently encountered in the laboratory as solvents, reagents or starting materials, a limited selection of the most important and well-documented natural products, important biochemicals, other compounds of particular interest because of their chemical, structural or biological properties, including many newly synthesised compounds of active research interest. DOC also covers the principal organic compounds of Se, Te, As, Sb and Bi. There is also selective coverage of organo-B and organo-Si compounds, especially those of importance in synthetic organic chemistry. DOC does not in general document isotopically labelled variants except for a few isotopically labelled drug variants used in chemotherapy or tracer work.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Updated approx. two times a year
- Vol/date range
- Began in Sept. 2007.
- Title from head of Home screen (viewed on Sept. 24, 2010).
- Database content is accessed through a proprietary search interface that enables a user to search or browse on chemical name, molecular formula, CAS Registry number, melting and boiling points as well as full-text.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781584883500 (electronic dictionary)
- 1584883502 (electronic dictionary)