Foundations of interior design
- Susan J. Slotkis, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York University.
- Third edition.
- New York : Fairchild Books, 2017.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvii, 494 pages : illustrations, plans ; 31 cm
- Slotkis, Susan J., author.
- Includes bibliographical references (page 479-483) and index.
- 1. The Interior Design Profession
- 2. Socially Responsible Design
- 3. Design Theory: Aesthetics, Elements and Principles of Design
- 4. Color Theory and Application
- 5. The Design Process
- 6. Communicating the Vision
- 7. Light and Lighting Systems
- 8. Architectural Design Elements
- 9. Finishing the Interior
- 10. Furnishing the Interior
- 11. Period Design Styles: Antiquity - Empire Style
- 12. Period Design Styles: Revival Styles - Contemporary Style
- 13. Forecasting and Trends
- 14. Professional Practice Appendix A Professional Organizations, Research Resources, Interior Design Blogs, and Gov't Agencies Appendix B Names to Know: Interior Designers, Architects, and Furniture Designers Appendix C Interior Design's Hall of Fame Basic Metric Conversion Table Glossary Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
The third edition of Foundations of Interior Design, 3rd edition, offers a thorough update to this introduction to the creative, technical and business aspects of the interior design profession. By surveying design history, the elements and principles of design, professional practice, and more, Susan Slotkis provides a practical and comprehensive overview. This new edition includes more coverage of sustainability and a thorough update of lighting topics. Foundations of Interior Design STUDIO -Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips -Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions PLEASE NOTE: Purchasing or renting this ISBN does not include access to the STUDIO resources that accompany this text. To receive free access to the STUDIO content with new copies of this book, please refer to the book + STUDIO access card bundle ISBN 9781501316043.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781501315909 paperback
- 1501315900 paperback
Browse related items
Start at call number: