Turkey in Asia, Persia, Egypt &c.
- Stanford's Geographical Estabt. ; Longmans & Co., Paternoster Row.
- London : Longmans & Co., [between 1895 and 1905?]
- Physical description
- 1 map : color, taken from atlas ; 24 x 31 cm, sheet 27 x 33.5
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|G7420 [1895?] .S7||In-library use|
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Map Data
- Scale 1:16,000,000 (E 22°40'00"--E 72°43'00"/N 43°05'00"--N 9°28'00").
- Relief shown by hachures, spot heights, and coloring.
- "Land below sea level, coloured dark green. Land below 1000 feet, coloured light green. Land above 1000 feet, coloured brown."
- Coordinates approximate (based on Greewich meridian).
- Shows colonial possessions, "ancient names," waterways, anchor symbols along rivers (sometimes accompaied by "s"), international boundaries, deserts, Nile cataracts, land routes (excluding railways).
- "The red figures state in inches the average rainfall of the year at the places indicated."
- Inset map: "Lower Egypt : Scale 1:8,000,000..."
- Top right margin: "17."