Contemporary catalysis : science, technology, and applications
- Edited by Paul C. J. Kamer, Dieter Vogt, Joris W. Thybaut.
- Cambridge : Royal Society Of Chemistry, 
- Physical description
- xix, 875 pages ; 24 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QD505 .C66 2017||Unknown|
- Kamer, Paul C. J., editor.
- History of Catalysis-- Feedstocks and Renewable Resources-- Current Challenges in Catalysis-- Organometallic Chemistry and Elementary Steps-- Nanoscience-- An Introduction to Biocatalysis-- Thermodynamics and Kinetics-- Heterogeneous Catalysis-- Homogenous Catalysis-- Organocatalysis-- Biocatalysis-- Computational Catalysis-- Introduction to Electrocatalysis-- Photocatalysis-- Solid Materials for Heterogeneous Catalysis-- Transition Metal Complexes and Ligand Synthesis-- Organocatalysts-- Enzymes for Biocatalysis: Key Concepts, Engineering Principles and Case Studies-- Advanced Solution Spectroscopic Techniques-- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy-- Bulk X-Ray Techniques-- Adsorption Methods-- Temperature Programmed Techniques-- Operando Techniques-- Reaction and Reactor Engineering-- Catalyst Separation-- Process Intensification in Catalysis-- Transition Metal Catalysed Methanol Carbonylation-- Environmental Analyses and Life Cycle Assessment Studies--.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781849739900 20170621
- Publisher's Summary
- Encompassing an integrated approach to the various aspects of catalysis, covering heterogeneous, homogeneous, organo-, bio-, and computational catalysis, as well as reaction and reactor engineering on an advanced level, this textbook is ideal for graduate students with diverse backgrounds, including catalysis, engineering, and organic synthesis. The basic principles of the various fields of catalysis are introduced in a concise way, preparing the reader for the more advanced chapters. Organometallic chemistry, surface science, biochemistry, nanoscience, transport phenomena and kinetics, reactor and reaction engineering are presented, spanning from the underlying science to industrial applications. Several important case studies on industrial applications are given. It includes catalyst preparation and characterisation and explores recent developments in the understanding of catalytic mechanisms, exploring advanced techniques such as operando spectroscopy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781849739900 20170621
- Publication date
- 9781849739900 hardcover
- 1849739900 hardcover
Browse related items
Start at call number: