Diversity awareness for K-6 teachers : an approach to learning and understanding our world
- Rona Leach McLeod.
- Second edition.
- Lanham : ROWMAN & LITTLEFIELD, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 161 pages ; 26 cm
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC1099 .M35 2017||Unknown|
- McLeod, Rona Leach, 1951- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 159-160).
- Foreword, by Dr. Regina McClinton Introduction: To the Teacher Activity One: Days of the Week Activity Two: Months of the Year Activity Three: The Year Activity Four: Words Activity Five: Colors Activity Six: Money Activity Seven: Music Activity Eight: Food Activity Nine: Race Activity Ten: Hats Activity Eleven: Age Activity Twelve: Continents Activity Thirteen: Pets Activity Fourteen: Languages Activity Fifteen: State Flowers/State Trees/State Birds Activity Sixteen: Length Activity Seventeen: Tools Activity Eighteen: Insects Activity Nineteen: Alphabets Activity Twenty: Greeting Cards Activity Twenty-One: Holidays Activity Twenty-Two: Sports Activity Twenty-Three: States and Capitals Activity Twenty-Four: Road Signs Activity Twenty-Five: Systems and Organs of the Body Activity Twenty-Six: Weather Conditions Activity Twenty-Seven: Shoes Activity Twenty-Eight: Planets Activity Twenty-Nine: Modes of Transportation Activity Thirty: Rocks Activity Thirty-One: Emotions Activity Thirty-Two: Types of Sentences Activity Thirty-Three: Presidents of the United States Activity Thirty-Four: Multiple Intelligences Activity Thirty-Five: Names Activity Thirty-Six: Stores Activity Thirty-Seven: Addresses Activity Thirty-Eight: Birthdays Activity Thirty-Nine: Numbers Activity Forty: Punctuation Marks Activity Forty-One: Sports Mascots Activity Forty-Two: Newspapers Activity Forty-Three: Musical Instruments Activity Forty-Four: Colleges and Universities Activity Forty-Five: Parts of a Tree Activity Forty-Six: Jobs and Occupations Summarizing Comments Appendix: Lesson-Plan Format - Teaching Diversity Teacher-Suggested Themes Bibliography and Other Resources About The Author.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781475830422 20170710
- Publisher's Summary
- Diversity Awareness for K-6 Teachers - An Approach to Learning and Understanding Our World is a guide appropriate for elementary teachers and university level preservice teachers. The themes are relevant to today's world and include age-appropriate activities designed to increase student participation and learning. Additionally, adequate space is provided for teacher-designed activities, modification to lesson plans and curriculum standards notations. The design is tailored to allow teachers access to quick referencing and documenting.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781475830422 20170710
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Diversity awareness for Kindergarten thru six teachers
- 9781475830415 (cloth ; alk. paper)
- 1475830416 (cloth ; alk. paper)
- 9781475830422 (paper ; alk. paper)
- 1475830424 (paper ; alk. paper)
- 9781475830439 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: