Food in the American Gilded Age
- edited by Helen Zoe Veit.
- East Lansing : Michigan State University Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 334 pages : illustrations, map ; 22 cm.
- American food in history.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 315-322) and index.
- A matter of class : food in the United States, 1870-1900 / by Katherine Leonard Turner
- Seeing the Gilded Age through its recipes
- Mrs. Mary F. Henderson, practical cooking and dinner giving (1877)
- Selected advice on table manners (1870-1903)
- Handwritten recipe manuscript (1870s ad 1880s)
- Mrs. Peter A. White, the Kentucky housewife : a collection of recipes for cooking (1885)
- Christine Terhune Herrick, what to eat, how to serve it (1891)
- Dietary studies fromn Alabama, New York, Chicago, Virginia, and New Mexico (1895-18997)
- Gilded Age banquet menus (1880-1899)
- Fannie Farmer, the Boston Cooking School Cookbook (1896).
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- American food in history series
- Includes texts originally published 1870-1903.
- 9781611862355 (hardcover ; alkaline paper)
- 1611862353 (hardcover ; alkaline paper)
- 9781628962871 (ebook)
- 9781609175177 (electronic book)
- 9781628952872 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: