Advocacy and policy change evaluation : theory and practice
- Annette L. Gardner and Claire D. Brindis.
- Stanford, California : Stanford Business Books, an imprint of Stanford University Press, 
- Physical description
- xvii, 267 pages ; 24 cm
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Policy and policymaking : making a difference
- Advocacy : influencing decision-making
- Designing advocacy and policy change evaluations
- Outcomes and methods in advocacy and policy change evaluation
- Unique instruments for advocacy and policy change evaluation
- Evaluator roles and relationships with stakeholders
- Advancing advocacy and policy change evaluation practice.
This is the first book-length treatment of the concepts, designs, methods, and tools needed to conduct effective advocacy and policy change evaluations. By integrating insights from different disciplines, Part I provides a conceptual foundation for navigating advocacy tactics within today's turbulent policy landscape. Part II offers recommendations for developing appropriate evaluation designs and working with unique advocacy and policy change-oriented instruments. Part III turns toward opportunities and challenges in this growing field. In addition to describing actual designs and measures, the chapters includes suggestions for addressing the specific challenges of working in a policy setting, such as a long time horizon for achieving meaningful change. To illuminate and advance this area of evaluation practice, the authors draw on over 30 years of evaluation experience; collective wisdom based on a new, large-scale survey of evaluators in the field; and in-depth case studies on diverse issues-from the environment, to public health, to human rights. Ideal for evaluators, change makers, and funders, this book is the definitive guide to advocacy and policy change evaluation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780804792561 paperback ; alkaline paper
- 0804792569 paperback ; alkaline paper
- 9781503602335 electronic book
Browse related items
Start at call number: