Mapping the cosmos : assembling : CODEX 2017
- [Berkeley, CA] : The Codex Foundation, 2017.
- Physical description
-  folders : plates ; 31 cm in box 34 x 24 x 7 cm
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|Z239 .C634 M37 2017 F||In-library use|
- Corporate Author
- Codex Foundation, publisher.
- Anderson, Sue, artist.
- Austin, Alice artist.
- Bryan, Tara artist.
- Bryant, Sarah, artist.
- Chadwick, Macy artist.
- Chen, Julie artist.
- Davidson, Laura, artist.
- Degener, Amanda, artist.
- DeMerritt, John, artist.
- Freeman, Brad, 1951- artist.
- Gardner, Casey, artist.
- Guo, Leilei, artist.
- Harrison, Gwen, artist.
- Hobson, Charles, 1943- artist.
- Koch, Peter Rutledge, artist.
- Lapointe, Denise, artist.
- Lintott, Mark, artist.
- Martin, Emily, 1953- artist.
- Milman, Barbara, 1941- artist.
- Nasshan, Reinhold, artist.
- O'Leary, Chandler artist.
- Pauwels, Nora, artist.
- Pomputius, Mary-Alice, artist.
- Rice, Felicia, artist.
- Rothchild, Judith, artist.
- Saltzwedel, Caroline artist.
- Shift-lab (Artistic group) artist.
- Silverberg, Robbin Ami, artist.
- Tetenbaum, Barbara, artist.
- Verclas, Till, artist.
- Peter Koch, Printer printer.
- John DeMerritt Bookbinding, binder.
- Beyond the seas / Sue Anderson, Gwen Harrison
- [Venice] / Alice Austin
- [Maze] / Tara Bryan
- [It is mandatory to complete this section as required] / Sarah Bryant
- Of course / Macy Chadwick
- Playing the book / Julie Chen
- Personal constellations / Laura Davidson
- [Integrae naturae speculum artisque imago] / Amanda Degener, Peter Rutledge Koch
- 37° 49' 58.314" N 122° 17' 18.8196" W / John DeMerritt, Nora Pauwels
- [Untitled] / Brad Freeman
- Multiverse Baedeker's La ville lumière / Casey Gardner
- [An tu suo ji] / Leilei Guo
- Hawk eye Wyoming / Charles Hobson
- Time / Denise Lapointe
- Autour de la lune / Mark Lintott, Judith Rothchild
- One and a half milestone / Emily Martin
- Chernobyl : mapping a catastrophe / Barbara Milman
- Schriftbild, Buchstabenwelt, Buchstabenlandschaft / Reinhold Nasshan
- Orange stands of California, 1926-1973 / Chandler O'Leary, Mary-Alice Pomputius
- Map / Felicia Rice
- The third voyage / Caroline Saltzwedel
- Trace / Shift-Lab
- [Untitled] / Robbin Ami Silverberg
- Wrapping my brain around my heart / Barbara Tetenbaum
- 5 tugs / Till Verclas
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Assembling : mapping the cosmos
- 25 wrappers or folders containing loose prints and 1 folded leaf printed with contents, introduction, and colophon. Wrappers are printed with the artist's name and a statement from the artist about the print inside.
- "Mapping the Cosmos, the second CODEX Assembly/Exchange, consists of a carefully curated anthology of commissioned maps and cosmological meditations from thirty of the finest and most imaginative artists and printers in the world. The contributors, representing six nations on four continents, are chosen from among the 400+ artists and publishers who have exhibited at the previous CODEX International Book Fairs."--Introduction.
- "The introduction, documentary information, and wrappers were designed and printed letterpress at Peter Koch Printers. The contributions are housed in a variable edition of clamshell boxes designed and produced by John DeMerritt Bookbinding. Mapping the cosmos is published in an edition of 70, with 26 lettered copies for distribution to the participants, 40 numbered copies offered for sale to raise funds for the Codex Foundation, and 4 copies designated hors de commerce."--Colophon.
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: Copy no. 2. Binding: purple cloth clamshell box with green leather spine and gilt spine label.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: