Student engagement in higher education : theoretical perspectives and practical approaches for diverse populations
- edited by Stephen John Quaye and Shaun R. Harper, foreword by George D. Kuh.
- Second edition.
- New York : Routledge, 2015.
- Physical description
- xiii, 373 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2342.92 .S78 2015||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Making engagement equitable for students in U.S. higher education / Shaun R. Harper and Stephen John Quaye
- Engaging students of color / Stephen John Quaye, Kimberly A. Griffin, and Samuel D. Museus
- Engaging undergraduate women of color / Lori D. Patton, Jessica C. Harris, Jessica Ranero-Ramirez, Isabella Villacampa, and Joyce Lui
- Engaging college men of color / Shaun R. Harper, Jonathan Berhanu, Charles H.F. Davis III, and Keon M. McGuire
- Engaging white students on multicultural campuses / Robert D. Reason
- Engaging multiracial college students / C. Casey Ozaki and Kristen A. Renn
- Engaging international students / Jenny J. Lee
- Engaging lesbian, gay, and bisexual students on college campuses / Dafina-Lazarus Stewart and Mary F. Howard-Hamilton
- Engaging trans* students on college and university campuses / Susan B. Marine and D. Chase J. Catalano
- Engaging undergraduate women and men / Jaime Lester and Frank Harris III
- Engaging religious minority students / Shafiqa Ahmadi and Darnell Cole
- Engaging students with disabilities / Kirsten Brown and Ellen M. Broido
- Engaging student athletes / Joy Gaston Gayles
- Engaging homeless students in college / Jarrett T. Gupton
- Engaging low income students / Adrianna J. Kezar, MaryBeth Walpole, and Laura W. Perna
- Engaging students in an online environment / Tina M. Stavredes and Tiffany M. Herder
- Engaging community college transfer students / J. Luke Wood and Carl S. Moore
- Engaging commuter and part-time students / Barbara Jacoby
- Engaging returning adult learners in community colleges / Linda Serra Hagedorn
- Engaging student veterans inside and outside the classroom / Corey B. Rumann and Stephanie Bondi
- Engaging graduate and professional students / Susan K. Gardner and Marco J. Barker.
- Publisher's Summary
- Student Engagement in Higher Education fills a longstanding void in the higher education and student affairs literature. In the fully revised and updated edition of this important volume, the editors and chapter contributors explore how diverse populations of students experience college differently and encounter group-specific barriers to success. Informed by relevant theories, each chapter focuses on engaging a different student population, including: low-income students, students of color, international students, students with disabilities, LGBT students, religious minority students, student-athletes, homeless students, transfer students, commuter and part-time students, adult learners, student veterans, and graduate students. The forward-thinking, practical strategies offered throughout the book are based on research and the collected professional wisdom of experienced educators and scholars at two-year and four-year institutions of higher education. Current and future faculty, administrators, and student affairs staff will undoubtedly find this book complete with fresh ideas to reverse troubling engagement trends among various college student populations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415895101 20170424
- Publication date
- 9780415895095 (hardback)
- 041589509X (hardback)
- 9780415895101 (paperback)
- 0415895103 (paperback)
- 9780203810163 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: