Wallis's picturesque round game of the produce & manufactures, of the counties of England & Wales
- London : Published by Edward Wallis, 42 Skinner Street, [between 1826 and 1850]
- Physical description
- 1 map : colored ; 67 x 51 cm folded to 18 x 14 cm + 1 booklet (20 p.)
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|G5751 .A9 1826 .W3||In-library use|
- Corporate Author
- J. & E. Wallis.
- A board game played using a map of England and Wales, in which players race around the country, beginning at the mouth of the Thames. Each county is bordered and tinted in one of four colours and shows a pertinent vignette, which are numbered 1-151.
- Geographical recreations > England.
- Geographical recreations > Wales.
- England > Maps.
- England > Description and travel.
- Wales > Maps.
- Wales > Description and travel.
- England > Manufactures.
- Board games.
- Wales > Manufactures.
- Board games.
- Geographical recreations.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Title Variation
- Picturesque round game of the produce and manufactures of the counties of England and Wales
- Booklet title: Explanation to the Picturesque round game of the produce and manufactures of the counties of England and Wales
- Map Data
- Scale not given.
- Title and imprint from game board.
- Imprint date for the accompanying explanatory booklet is 184- (October 1840 is mentioned on p. 17.).
- "Entered at Stationers Hall."
- Color lithograph, with detail colors added by hand.
- Game board consists of 16 sections mounted on linen.
- Whitehouse, F.R.B. Table games, page 14
- Osborne Collection of early children’s books, 1566-1910, volume II, page 855
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: Binding: brown ribbed cloth-covered boards, blind- and gilt-stamped with red tie remnant; rebacked with tan cloth tape. Imperfect: lacks accompanying booklet.
- England -- London.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: