Perspectives on diversity, equity, and social justice in educational leadership
- edited by Ashraf Esmail, Abul Pitre, and Antonette Aragon.
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 158 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- National Association for Multicultural Education (NAME) series
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2805 .P385 2017||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- About the NAME Series Acknowledgements Introduction Jasmine Williams
- Chapter 1: First, A Look Inside: Educational Leadership Student Perspectives on a Social Foundations Course Candace Thompson and Susan Catapono
- Chapter 2: Rocky Boats and Rainbows: Culturally Responsive Leadership from the Margin - An Autoethnography Ann E. Lopez
- Chapter 3: Change your school, change the world: The Role of School Leaders in implementing School Wide Restorative Justice and Relational Pedagogies Martha Brown and Katherine Evans
- Chapter 4: White High School Administrators as Racial Advisors Byron Davis
- Chapter 5: Changing Staff Attitudes through Leadership Development and Equity Teams Michelle Yvonne Szpara
- Chapter 6: Building Bridges or Isolating Families: When School Policies Conflict with Cultural Beliefs, Values, and Ways of Knowing Maria L. Gabriel
- Chapter 7: Principals, School Climate, and Social Justice: How State Compliance with National Initiatives May Not be Enough Susan L. Dodd
- Chapter 8: Learning from Teachers: Critically Conscious Educational Leadership for Engaging Diverse Families in Title I Schools Cherrel Miller Dyce and Buffie Longmire-Avital About the Editors About the Contributors Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Perspectives on Diversity, Equity, and Social Justice in Educational Leadership provides educational leaders with practical steps for implementing multicultural education into schools. Drawing from multicultural scholars like James Bank's it equips educational leaders with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to ensure that schools provide all students with equal educational opportunities. Concepts such culturally responsive leadership, transformative leadership, and restorative justice are discussed throughout the book.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781475834314 (cloth ; alk. paper)
- 1475834314 (cloth ; alk. paper)
- 9781475834338 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- 1475834330 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- 9781475834345 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: