Effects of nanoconαnement on catalysis
- Rinaldo Poli, editor.
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 2017.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Fundamental and applied catalysis.
- Preface; Contents; 1 Endohedral Functionalization of Molecular Cavities for Catalysis in Confined Spaces; Abstract; 1 Introduction; 2 Metallic Catalysis in Confined Spaces; 3 Organocatalysis in Confined Spaces; References; 2 Self-Assembled Coordination Cages and Organic Capsules as Catalytic Supramolecular Reaction Vessels; Abstract; 1 Introduction; 2 Self-Assembled Coordination Cages and Organic Capsules; 3 Thermodycamics and Kinetics in Host-Guest Catalysis; 3.1 Host-Guest Catalysis Compared to Enzyme Catalysis; 3.2 New Selectivity Due to Confinement
- 4 Host-Guest Catalysis in Self-Assembled Coordination Cages and Organic Capsules4.1 Catalytic Hydrolysis by Self-Assembled Coordination Cages and Organic Capsules; 4.2 Pre-Organization and Enzyme-Like Deprotonation of Encapsulated Substrates; 4.3 Host-Guest Catalysis Involving Stabilization of Cationic Transition States in Unimolecular Rearrangement and Cyclization Reactions; 4.4 Bimolecular Reactions Involving Nucleophilic Attack on Capsule-Stabilized Cationic Transition States and Intermediates; 4.5 Bimolecular Reactions Catalyzed by Coordination Cages and Organic Capsules
- 5 Encapsulated Metal Complexes6 Orthogonal Tandem Catalytic Reactions Using Self-assembled Coordination Cages; References; 3 Artificial Metalloenzymes; Abstract; 1 Introduction: The Choice of an Appropriate Scaffold for the Creation of Artificial Metalloenzymes; 2 Hemoproteins P450 and Myoglobin; 3 Large Spherical Scaffolds; 3.1 Ferritin; 3.2 POP, Prolylpeptidase; 3.3 MjHSP; 4 Human Carbonic Anhydrase; 5 Streptavidin; 6 Albumins; 7 Papain; 8 Chymotrypsin; 9 Lipases; 10 Channels/Pores; 10.1 tHisF; 10.2 FhuA; 10.3 lmrR; 10.4 SCP-2L; 11 Antibodies; 12 Lactoglobulin; 13 Xylanase; 14 Phytase
- 15 Nitrobindin16 Ribonuclease S; 17 Additional Scaffolds; 18 Summary of Reactions; 19 Perspectives; References; 4 Metal Complexes and Imprinted Polymers for Shape-Selective Catalysis; Abstract; 1 Introduction; 2 The Molecular Imprinting Technology; 3 Surface Imprinting: An Interesting New Approach; 4 Surface Imprinted Polymers Containing Metals; 5 Molecular Imprinted Polymers as Nanoreactors; 6 Molecular Imprinted Polymers as Photocatalysts; 6.1 Inorganic MIPs Applied in Photocatalysis; 6.2 Organic MIPs Applied in Photocatalysis; 7 Conclusions; References
- 5 Catalysis Inside Folded Single Macromolecules in WaterAbstract; 1 Introduction; 2 Folding of a Single Polymer Chain into a Dycamic Nanoparticle; 3 Single-Chain Polymeric Nanoparticles as Compartmentalised Catalysts; 3.1 Catalysis in Organic Media; 3.2 Catalysis in Water; 4 Conclusions and Outlook; References; 6 Microgel Star Polymer Catalysts as Active and Functional Nanoreactors for Organic Reactions and Polymerizations; Abstract; 1 Introduction; 2 Microgel Star Polymers as Functional Polymeric Nanospaces; 3 One-Pot Synthesis of Metal-Embedded Microgel Star Polymer Catalysts
- Publication date
- Fundamental and applied catalysis
- Includes index.
- Electronic reproduction. Ipswich, MA Available via World Wide Web.
- 9783319502076 (electronic bk.)
- 3319502077 (electronic bk.)
- 9783319502052 (print)