The book of Monk
- by Amiri Baraka.
- Candia, N.H. : John LeBow, 2005.
- Physical description
- , 41,  pages ; 22 cm + 1 audio disc (digital ; 4 3/4 in.).
- Razor series ; no. 2.
Also available at
At the library
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|PS3552 .A583 B6 2005||In-library use|
- The high priest of bebop
- A Monk story
- Monk, Thelonious
- Monk, Thelonious > Poetry.
- African American jazz musicians > Biography.
- Jazz musicians > United States > Biography.
- African American musicians > Biography.
- Piano music (Jazz)
- Jazz > History and criticism.
- Monk, Thelonious.
- African American jazz musicians.
- African American musicians.
- Jazz musicians.
- Piano music (Jazz)
- United States.
- Publication date
- Razor series ; no. 2
- Book in a wrapper.
- "Special lettered edition of 26 copies includes The book of Monk along with a CD and original drawing by Amiri Baraka."--Paper band.
- "This edition of The book of Monk was designed by Amiri Baraka and John LeBow. The illustrations were created by Amiri Baraka. This book was printed in a special edition of two hundred copies with one hundred and seventy-six copies for public sale. Each copy has been signed by the author. The entire edition has been hand sewn by Mark Olson, with twenty-six copies specially sewn into Rives covers. This book is the second in the Razor Series of original jazz essays by Amiri Baraka to be published. Cover, title page and colophon were printed letterpress by Mark Olson at Innerer Klang Press."--Colophon.
- CD content is not available in original format, and has been reformatted to a digital use copy. Access to digital content is restricted to the Special Collections Reading Room. In order to access this content, please contact email@example.com.
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: Copy U. Signed by author. Binding: printed white paper covers with title and illustration on front cover. In a white paper portfolio with another illustration on the front cover, originally containing the book and CD, with a printed paper band closure. CD has been removed digital media capture and rehoused with small computer media.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: