Metagenomics : methods and protocols
- edited by Wolfgang R. Streit, Rolf Daniel.
- Uniform Title
- Metagenomics (Streit)
- Second edition.
- New York : Humana Press : Springer, 
- Physical description
- xi, 303 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) v. 1539.
- Springer protocols (Series)
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH506 .M45 V.1539||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Construction of small-insert and large-insert metagenomic libraries / Carola Simon and Rolf Daniel
- Extraction of total DNA and RNA from marine filter samples and generation of a cDNA as universal template for marker gene studies / Dominik Schneider, Franziska Wemheuer, Birgit Pfeiffer, and Bernd Wemheuer
- Construction and screening of marine metagenomic large insert libraries / Nancy Weiland-Bräuer, Daniela Langfeldt, and Ruth A. Schmitz
- Constructing and screening a metagenomic library of a cold and alkaline extreme environment / Mikkel A. Glaring, Jan K. Vester, and Peter Stougaard
- DNA-, RNA-, and protein-based stable-isotope probing for high-throughput biomarker analysis of active microorganisms / Eleanor Jameson, Martin Taubert, Sara Coyotzi, Yin Chen, Özge Eyice, Hendrik Schäfer, J. Colin Murrell, Josh D. Neufeld, and Marc G. Dumont
- Assessing bacterial and fungal diversity in the plant endosphere / Bernd Wemheuer and Franziska Wemheuer
- Shotgun metagenomic sequencing analysis of soft-rot Enterobacteriaceae in polymicrobial communities / James Doonan, Sandra Denman, James E. McDonald, and Peter N. Golyshin
- Cloning and expression of metagenomic DNA in Streptomyces lividans and subsequent fermentation for optimized production / Yuriy Rebets, Jan Kormanec, Andriy Lutzhetskyy, Kristel Bernaerts, and Jozef Anné
- Degradation network reconstruction guided by metagenomic data / Rafael Bargiela and Manuel Ferrer
- Novel tools for the functional expression of metagenomic DNA / Nadine Katzke, Andreas Knapp, Anita Loeschcke, Thomas Drepper, and Karl-Erich Jaeger
- Microtiter plate-based assay to screen for active and stereoselective hydrolytic enzymes in enzyme libraries / Dominique Böttcher, Patrick Zägel, Marlen Schmidt, and Uwe T. Bornscheuer
- Screening for cellulase encoding clones in metagenomic libraries / Nele Ilmberger and Wolfgang R. Streit
- Liquid phase multiplex high-throughput screening of metagenomic libraries using p-nitrophenyl-linked substrates for accessory lignocellulosic enzymes / Mariette Smart, Robert J. Huddy, Don A. Cowan, and Marla Trindade
- Screening glycosyltransferases for polyphenol modifications / Nele Ilmberger and Ulrich Rabausch
- Methods for the isolation of genes encoding novel PHA metabolism enzymes from complex microbial communities / Jiujun Cheng, Ricardo Nordeste, Maria A. Trainer, and Trevor C. Charles
- Function-based metagenomic library screening and heterologous expression strategy for genes encoding phosphatase activity / Genis A. Castillo Villamizar, Heiko Nacke, and Rolf Daniel
- Activity-based screening of metagenomic libraries for hydrogenase enzymes / Nicole Adam and Mirjam Perner
- Screening for N-AHSL-based-signaling interfering enzymes / Stéphane Uroz and Phil M. Oger
- Mining microbial signals for enhanced biodiscovery of secondary metabolites / F. Jerry Reen, Jose A. Gutiérrez-Barranquero, and Fergal O'Gara.
This second edition explores up-to-date tools in various function-based technologies currently used in metagenomics. The chapters in this book discuss all of the working steps involved in these technologies, such as: DNA isolation from soils and marine samples followed by the construction and screening of libraries for diverse enzymes and biomolecules; current methods used to isolate DNA and construct large- and small-insert libraries from terrestrial and marine habitats; methods for establishing metagenome libraries in none-E.coli hosts; new molecular tools used for function-driven mining of metagenomic DNA; and screening protocols for a wide array of different genes encoding enzymes with relevance to biotechnology and ecology. Metagenomics: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition also provides detailed screening protocols for phosphatases, poly-hydroxyalkanoate, metabolism-related enzymes, stereoselective hydrolases, and microbial signals for the discovery of secondary metabolites. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Metagenomics: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition is a collection of up-to-date metagenome protocols and tools for the recovery of numerous major types of biocatalysts, and allows researchers to easily setup these screens in any microbiology laboratory.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1539
- Springer protocols
- 9781493966899 (alk. paper)
- 1493966898 (alk. paper)
- 9781493966912 (eBook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: