The campus rape frenzy : the attack on due process at America's universities
- KC Johnson & Stuart Taylor, Jr.
- First American Edition.
- New York, New York : Encounter Books, 2017.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- vii, 370 pages ; 24 cm
Law Library (Crown)
|LB2345.3 .R37 J65 2017||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The foundations of the frenzy
- Misleading through statistics
- The realities of "rape culture"
- Denying due process
- Media malpractice
- The witch-hunt mentality
- College athletes : myths and realities
- The witch hunt intensifies
- From campus to criminal law
- A new generation's contempt for civil rights
- "In recent years, politicians led by President Obama and prominent senators and governors have teamed with extremists on campus to portray our nation's campuses as awash in a violent crime wave-and to suggest (preposterously) that university leaders, professors, and students are indifferent to female sexual assault victims in their midst. Neither of these claims has any bearing in reality. But they have achieved widespread acceptance, thanks in part to misleading alarums from the Obama Administration and biased media coverage led by the New York Times. The panic about campus rape has helped stimulate-and has been fanned by-ideologically skewed campus sexual assault policies and lawless commands issued by federal bureaucrats to force the nation's all-too-compliant colleges and universities essentially to presume the guilt of accused students. The result has been a widespread disregard of such bedrock American principles as the presumption of innocence and the need for fair play. This book will use hard facts to set the record straight. It will, among other things, explore about two dozen of the many cases since 2010 in which innocent or probably innocent students have been branded as sex criminals and expelled or otherwise punished by their colleges. And it will show why all students-and, eventually, society as a whole-are harmed when our nation's universities abandon pursuit of truth and seek instead to accommodate the passions of the mob"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Attack on due process at America's universities
- 9781594038853 hardcover
- 1594038856 hardcover
Browse related items
Start at call number: