Academic librarianship today
- [edited by] Todd Gilman ; [foreword by Beverly P. Lynch].
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 248 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Historical context and contemporary challenges / Deanna B. Marcum
- College and university governance : the role of the academic library / Barbara I. Dewey
- Organization, administration, management, and planning / Starr Hoffman
- Funding and budgeting / Tahir Rauf
- Faculty research and scholarly communication / Sarah K. Lippincott and Joan K. Lippincott
- Reference, instruction, and outreach : current methods and models / Carrie Forbes and Peggy Keeran
- Collection development : general and special, print and digital, and resource sharing / Lidia Uziel
- Challenges facing technical services / Autumn Faulkner
- Librarians and services in college and community college libraries / Zoe Fisher and Kim Read
- Recruitment, retention, diversity, and professional development / Marta Brunner and Jennifer Osorio
- Library as place / David W. Lewis
- Serving campus and remote students and faculty : online learning, distance education, and MOOCs / Debbie Faires
- Open access, institutional repositories, E-science and data curation, and preservation / Brian Owen
- Assessment and evaluation, promotion, and marketing of academic library services / Nisa Bakkalbasi
- A vision for the future: new roles for academic librarians / Ronald C. Jantz.
- Publisher's Summary
- Academic Librarianship Today offers the most current, comprehensive overview of the field available today. Key features include: * Each chapter was commissioned specifically for this new book, and the authors are highly regarded academic librarians or library school faculty-or both * Cutting-edge topics such as open access, copyright, digital curation and preservation, emerging technologies, new roles for academic librarians, cooperative collection development and resource sharing, and patron-driven acquisitions are explored in depth * Each chapter ends with thought-provoking questions for discussion and creative and carefully constructed assignments that faculty can assign or adapt for their courses.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781442278745 20170424
- Publication date
- 9781442278745 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1442278749 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9781442278752 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1442278757 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: