Adult education and vocational training in the digital age
- Victor C.X. Wang, editor.
- Hershey, Pennsylvania (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA 17033, USA) : IGI Global, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (294 pages) : illustrations.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Teaching for critical thinking / Stephen Brookfield
- Public-private partnership principles applied to industry-school partnership to support technical and vocational education / Hitendra Pillay [and 3 others]
- Deep learning and online education as an informal learning process: is there a relationship between deep learning and online education as an informal learning process? / Theresa Neimann, Victor C. X. Wang
- Digital technologies as a change agent in problem-based activities: a comparison of online and campus-based PBL in Swedish firefighter training / Robert Holmgren
- The demand, content, and entrance criteria of operations management programmes under the context of internationalization: an empirical comparative investigation / Chengbo Wang [and 3 others]
- Internet technologies and online learning / Victor C. X. Wang, Theresa Neimann
- The serious use of play and metaphor: LEGO® models and labyrinths / Alison James, Stephen Brookfield
- The need for imagination and creativity in instructional design / Pat Gibson
- In one voice: aspiring and practicing school leaders embrace the need for a more integrated approach to leadership preparation and development / Eleanor Drago-Severson, Patricia Maslin-Ostrowski, Alexander M. Hoffman
- Learning physical and digital conviviality through practice stories / Peter Willis
- The essence of powerful teaching / Stephen Brookfield --
- Influences of gender and computer gaming experience in occupational desktop virtual environments: a cross-case analysis study / Lynna J. Ausburn, Floyd B. Ausburn, Paul J. Kroutter
- Workplace incivility and conflict management styles: predicting job performance, organizational commitment, and turnover intent / Thomas G. Reio, Jr., Jeannie Trudel
- What Is CTE?: practitioners struggle to define their field in the United States / Edward C. Fletcher Jr., Johanna L. Lasonen, Victor M. Hernandez-Gantes.
In order to deliver optimum educational opportunities to learners, higher education institutions must utilize emerging innovations and resources. By doing so, they can begin to develop more student-centric pedagogies. Adult Education and Vocational Training in the Digital Age is an authoritative reference source for the latest scholarly material on the use of recent technologies to facilitate and optimize classroom environments for adult learners. Highlighting relevant andragogical, organizational, and institutional issues, this book is ideally designed for professionals, educators, upper-level students, administrators, and academics interested in emerging research on digital classrooms.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- Also available in print.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781522509301 electronic
- 9781522509295 print
- 1522509305 (ebk)