Personal collection of Piyyutim and other prayers : manuscript
- Hebrew. In Hebrew.
- Egypt, 1500s?
- Physical description
- 1 volume (ca. 250 leaves) : paper ; 16 x 11 cm (octavo)
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MSS CODEX 1197||In-library use|
- Volume of Piyyutim and other prayers in Hebrew. 15-20 lines per page, in a rounded Sephardic cursive script in various grades and sizes, many set out as verse, original numeration of every folio.
- Manuscript is untitled; title from bookseller.
- Creator unknown.
- Sephardic cursive script.
- Place and date of production from bookseller.
- Covers detached; spine missing; some headings cropped, some blank, some worming and staining.
- Unavailable until conservation treatment is complete.
- Cite as
- Personal collection of Piyyutim and other prayers (Mss Codex 1197). Department of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California.
- There are no restrictions on use of public domain materials.
- Purchased from; Christopher Edwards; 2017. Accession MSS 2017-174.
- Copyright Status
- Public domain.
- Bound in early blind-stamped calf. Calf no longer present on lower board.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: