A basic music library : essential scores and sound recordings
- compiled by the Music Library Association ; Daniel F. Boomhower, editor ; Edward Komara, Amanda Maple, and Liza Vick, associate editors.
- Fourth edition.
- Chicago : American Library Association, 2017.
- Physical description
- volumes ; 28 cm
|ML113 .B3 2017 V.1||In-library use|
|ML113 .B3 2017 V.2||In process|
Library has: v.1-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Volume 1. Popular music
- Volume 2. World music
- Volume 3. Classical music.
- Publisher's Summary
- Prepared by the Music Library Association, with thousands of records selected by experts in dozens of specialised and popular areas of music, "A Basic Music Library" constitutes the most authoritative music collection resource available. Completely revised and reorganised, this essential reference is divided into three sections: classical music (organised by genre, composer, and title); popular music (organised by genre and artist); and, world music (organised by geographic area, genre, and artist). The expanded coverage not only includes new music published since the last edition, but also CDs, DVDs, and songbooks combined with printed music. Printed scores cover performance of all music genres by all instruments, voices, and ensembles and include anthologies, study scores, performing renditions, vocal scores, and instrumental methods of studies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780838910399 20170424
- Intended to offer suggestions for anyone, regardless of musical training or experience, who is seeking to develop music collections in libraries of all kinds, this essential reference work remains a benchmark of its kind. Prepared by the Music Library Association, Volume 2 concentrates on:* Folk and Traditional Music of North America* Traditional and Popular Music of the Americas and the Caribbean* Music of Asia and Oceania* Music of Northern Africa, the Middle East, and Central Asia* Music of Sub-Saharan Africa* Music of Europe* International Anthologies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780838915301 20170424
- The new fourth edition of A Basic Music Library, relying on the expertise of the Music Library Association, is unmatched in scope and authority. Covering classical music, Volume 3 is organized into these categories:* Orchestral Music* Film Music* Band Music* Woodwinds* Brass* Strings* Percussion* Keyboard* Opera* Musical Theater* Solo Voice* Choral Music* Classical Music Anthologies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780838915318 20170424
- Publication date
- 9780838910399 (v. 1 ; alk. paper)
- 0838910394 (v. 1 ; alk. paper)
- 9780838915301 (v. 2 ; alk. paper)
- 0838915302 (v. 2 ; alk. paper)
- 9780838915318 (v. 3 ; alk. paper)
- 0838915310 (v. 3 ; alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: