- German, English. Text on box lid in German and English.
- [Germany?] : [Publisher not identified], [1846-1848]
- Physical description
- 1 toy (1 doll, 10 dresses, 5 hair pieces, 1 wooden block, 1 cardboard box) : lithograph, color ; 10 x 6 cm or smaller; in box 11 x 18 x 3 cm
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|ML420 .L7 J46 1846||In-library use|
- 1. Robert der Teufel = Robert the Devil : Alice
- 2. Die Hugenotten = The Huguenots : Valentine
- 3. Die Nachtwandlerin = The Somnambule : Amine
- 4. Don Juan = Don Juan : Donna Anna
- 5. Die Tochter des Regiments = The Daughter of the Regiment : Mary
- 6. Norma = Norma : Norma
- 7. and
- 8. Vielka = Vielka : Vielka
- 9. Der Freischütze = The Freischütz : Agathe
- 10. In Concert-Toilette = In the concert-toilet
- Paper doll of Jenny Lind, the 19th century opera star known as the "Swedish Nightingale", with one doll, 10 costumes from her most famous stage roles, and a wooden block to stand the doll up, all housed in the original cardboard box.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Title from box lid.
- Box lid printed with a list of operas and the characters played by Jenny Lind, numbered to correspond to the costumes.
- Doll, dresses and box lid are hand-colored lithographs.
- Dresses are varnished, with back and front glued together at the edges to allow them to slide over the doll's head. Each dress is numbered on the back, corresponding to the list of costumes on the box lid.
- Box covered with pink, blue, and turquoise paper. Lid is edged in patterned gilt.
- Action note
- Cons. Trans. #5940.
Browse related items
Start at call number: