- Nat King Cole.
- Hollywood, Calif : Capitol Jazz, ℗1999.
- Physical description
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
- Cole, Nat King, 1919-1965.
- Just you, just me (3:00)
- Sweet Lorraine (4:34)
- Sometimes I'm happy (4:08)
- Caravan (2:44)
- It's only a paper moon (3:05)
- You're looking at me (4:13)
- The lonely one (3:46)
- Don't let it go to your head (3:10)
- I know that you know (2:28)
- Blame it on my youth (4:09)
- When I grow too old to dream (3:32)
- (Get your kicks on) Route
- 66 (3:40)
- I was a little too lonely (And you were a little too late) (2:59)
- You can depend on me (3:52)
- What is there to say (3:34)
- Two loves have I (2:44)
- Candy (3:52)
- You're looking at me (alt take) (4:12).
- After Midnight: The Complete Sessions was a redemption album for the famous jazz-vocalist, Nat King Cole. He dabbled in pop for a little bit but returned to his roots for this '56 recording. Features 18 tracks and includes Sweet Lorraine and Route 66.
- Included Work
- Greer, Jesse, 1896-1970 Marianne. Just you, just me.
- Burwell, Cliff, 1898-1976. Sweet Lorraine.
- Youmans, Vincent, 1898-1946. Hit the deck. Sometimes I'm happy.
- Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974. Caravan.
- Arlen, Harold, 1905-1986. It's only a paper moon.
- Troup, Bobby, 1918-1999. You're looking at me.
- Hambro, Leonid. Lonely one.
- LaVere, Frank, 1917-1976. Don't let it go to your head.
- Youmans, Vincent, 1898-1946. Oh, please. I know that you know.
- Levant, Oscar, 1906-1972. Blame it on my youth.
- Romberg, Sigmund, 1887-1951. Night is young. When I grow too old to dream.
- Troup, Bobby, 1918-1999. Route 66.
- Livingston, Jay, 1915-2001 I was a little too lonely.
- Carpenter, Charles E., 1912-1978 You can depend on me.
- Duke, Vernon, 1903-1969 Ziegfeld follies of 1933. What is there to say.
- Scotto, Vincent, 1876-1952. Two loves have I.
- David, Mack, 1912-1993. Candy.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- Container subtitle: Complete session
- Liner notes by Michael Cuscuna with original liner notes by Ralph J. Gleason.
- Production Credits
- Originally produced by Lee Gillette; reissue produced by Michael Cuscuna.
- Nat King Cole, piano, vocals; John Collins, guitar; Charlie Harris, drums; Lee Young, drums; Jack Costanzo, congas, bongos; and various soloists.
- Recorded Aug. and Sept., 1956, at Capitol Studios, Los Angeles.
- Publisher Number
- 7243 5 20087 2 8 Capitol Jazz
Browse related items
Start at call number: