Grove art guide to photography
- edited by Tanya Sheehan (Colby College).
- New York, NY, United States of America : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiv, 442 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Grove art guides
- Sheehan, Tanya, 1976- editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- A survey history of photography
- National and regional histories of photography
- Special topics in photography
- Biographies of photographers
- Photgraphic processes and materials.
- Publisher's Summary
- A field guide for students, instructors, and scholars, the Grove Art Guide to Photography provides a thorough overview of photography's history, from the early 19th century to the present. This wide-ranging volume examines photographic practices around the world and highlights key movements and concepts that define the field. It includes 28 geographical and topical surveys, covering areas such as documentary photography, street photography, vernacular photography, and fashion photography, each with carefully selected bibliographies. 75 additional biographies and a glossary of photographic processes and techniques round out this fully illustrated, essential introduction to the study of photography. Written by leading international scholars, Grove Art Guides provide authoritative information on important areas of art and architectural history. Grove Art Guides offer a curated set of articles selected by volume editors from the larger Grove dictionary available online and provide in-depth yet accessible content for anyone interested in the study of art. Beautifully illustrated and composed, Grove Art Guides serve not only as exceptional foundation texts but also as access points to further study in the full dictionary and other resources available in Oxford Art Online.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780190495343 20170313
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780190495343 (paperback ; alkaline paper)
- 0190495340 (paperback ; alkaline paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: