Emilie Delling album amicorum, 1831-1840
- Physical description
- 1 item
At the library
Collections are moving, which may affect access. Request materials as early as possible. Maximum 5 items per day. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about access.
|MSS CODEX 1192||In-library use|
- Delling, Emilie, former owner.
- A Stammbuch (or album amicorum) belonging to Emilie Delling. Presented in an elaborate folding dark green half leather case with contemporary if not original spine and parts, giving owner (E. Delling) and titled, "Reminiscenz." Contemporary marbled slipcase. Approximately 80 individual leaves with entries, about 15 illustrations with 6 watercolors and watercolor vignettes, 3 embroidered pictures, 4 applied curly hair examples, pencil drawing, etc. Sheets measure approximately 10 x 16.5 cm. Entries range from 1831-1840. Numerous sayings and artistic expressions of friends from the town of Meerane in the northwest of the district of Zwickau in Saxony, including autographs, very pretty young ladies with a watercolor drawing of a round table under a large willow, one figure playing a mandolin while a young man hides behind a bush watching.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Title variation
- Open for research. Note that material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Cite as
- [identification of item], Emilie Delling album amicorum (Mss Codex 1192). Department of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California.
- There are no restrictions on use of public domain materials.
- Purchase; 2017. Accession MSS 2017-139.
- Copyright status
- Public domain.
- Further information about Emilie Delling is unknown.
Browse related items
Start at call number: