Anatomy & physiology : the unity of form and function
- Kenneth S. Saladin (Georgia College) ; digital authors, Christina A. Gan (Highline Community College), Heather N. Cushman (Tacoma Community College).
- Eighth edition.
- New York, NY : McGraw-Hill Education, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 volume (various pagings) : color illustrations ; 29 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QP34.5 .S23 2018||Unknown|
- Part One Organization of the Body 1 Major Themes of Anatomy and PhysiologyATLAS A General Orientation to Human Anatomy 2 The Chemistry of Life 3 Cellular Form and Function 4 Genetics of Cellular Function 5 Histology Part Two Support and Movement 6 The Integumentary System 7 Bone Tissue 8 The Skeletal System 9 Joints 10 The Muscular SystemATLAS B Regional and Surface Anatomy 11 Muscular Tissue Part Three Internal Coordination and Control 12 Nervous Tissue 13 The Spinal Cord, Spinal Nerves, and Somatic Reflexes 14 The Brain and Cranial Nerves 15 The Autonomic Nervous System and Visceral Reflexes 16 Sense Organs 17 The Endocrine System Part Four Circulation and Defense 18 The Circulatory System: Blood 19 The Circulatory System: Heart 20 The Circulatory System: Blood Vessels and Circulation 21 The Lymphatic and Immune Systems Part Five Intake and Output 22 The Respiratory System 23 The Urinary System 24 Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid - Base Balance 25 The Digestive System 26 Nutrition and Metabolism Part Six Reproduction and the Life Cycle 27 The Male Reproductive System 28 The Female Reproductive System 29 Human Development and Aging APPENDIX A: Periodic Table of the Elements APPENDIX B: Answer Keys APPENDIX C: Symbols, Weights, and Measures APPENDIX D: Biomedical Abbreviations APPENDIX E: The Genetic Code APPENDIX F: Lexicon of biomedical Word Elements APPENDIX G: Eighth Edition Changes in Terminology Glossary CreditsIndex.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781259277726 20170410
- Publisher's Summary
- Master the story of Anatomy & Physiology with Saladin's Anatomy & Physiology: The Unity of Form and Function! Saladin's A&P helps students make connections by telling a story that will intrigue, engage, and inspire them. Saladin expertly weaves together science, clinical applications, history and evolution of the body with vibrant photos and art to convey the beauty and excitement of the subject. A consistent set of chapter learning tools helps students identify and retain key concepts while the stunning visual program provides a realistic view of body structures and processes. Saladin's text requires no prior knowledge of college chemistry or cell biology, and is designed for a two-semester A&P course.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781259277726 20170410
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Anatomy and physiology
- Includes index.
- 9781259277726 (alk. paper)
- 1259277720 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: