Show boat : 1962 studio cast recording
- music by Jerome Kern ; lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II and P.G. Wodehouse.
- Uniform Title
- Show boat
- digital; optical; stereo; mono.1.4 m/s.
- audio file; CD audio.
- New York, NY : Columbia Broadway Masterworks, 
- Distribution Sony Music
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 audio disc (61 min.) : digital, stereo, mono ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
- Kern, Jerome, 1885-1945, composer.
- Hammerstein, Oscar, II, 1895-1960 lyricist.
- Wodehouse, P. G. (Pelham Grenville), 1881-1975, lyricist.
- Raitt, John, 1917-2005, singer.
- Cook, Barbara singer.
- Warfield, William, singer.
- Darian, Anita, singer.
- DeWitt, Fay, 1935- singer.
- Parker, Louise (Contralto), singer.
- Dabdoub, Jack, singer.
- Allers, Franz, conductor.
- Gardella, Tess, 1897-1950, singer.
- Morgan, Helen, 1900-1941, singer.
- Young, Victor, 1900-1956 conductor.
- Robeson, Paul, 1898-1976, singer.
- Balaban, Emanuel, 1895-1973, conductor.
- Clayton, Jan, singer.
- Merrill Staton Choir, singer.
- Brunswick Concert Orchestra, instrumentalist.
- Columbia Concert Orchestra, instrumentalist.
- Overture (4:57)
- Cotton blossom (3:03)
- Where's the mate for me? (2:03)
- Make believe (3:07)
- Ol' man river (3:34)
- Can't help lovin' dat man (3:52)
- Life upon the wicked stage (2:52)
- You are love (4:35)
- Finale Act I (3:32)
- Opening Act II : sports of gay Chicago (1:47)
- Why do I love you? (2:34)
- Bill (5:11)
- After the ball (3:00)
- Finale Act II (2:19)
- Can't help lovin' that man (3:02)
- Bill (3:57)
- I still suits me (2:32)
- Nobody else but me (3:58).
- Release date
- Production date
- Based on the novel by Edna Ferber.
- Title from disc label.
- The majority of this album previously released in 1962 (1st-14th tracks) and recorded in stereo; bonus tracks previously released and recorded in mono.
- Digitally remastered.
- Reproduction of original program notes by Stanley Green and additional program notes by Didier C. Deutsch (11 pages : portraits), inserted in container.
- Production Credits
- Produced for records by James Foglesong and Thomas Z. Shepard.
- John Raitt (Gaylord Ravenal), Barbara Cook (Magnolia), William Warfield (Joe), Anita Darian (Julie), Fay DeWitt (Ellie), Louise Parker (Queenie), Jack Dabdoub (Cap'n Andy), vocals ; The Merrill Staton Choir ; unidentified orchestra ; Franz Allers, conductor (tracks 1-14) ; Tess Gardella, vocals (track 15) ; Helen Morgan, vocals ; Brunswick Orchestra ; Victor Young, conductor (track 16) ; Paul Robeson, vocals ; Columbia Concert Orchestra ; Emanuel Balaban, conductor (track 17) ; Jan Clayton, vocals (track 18).
- Tracks 1-14 recorded Columbia 30th Street Studio, New York City 1961 December 14 and 17-18.
- Track 15 recorded 1928.
- Track 16 recorded 1932.
- Track 17 recorded 1947.
- Track 18, from the original cast recording of the 1946 Broadway revival Recorded 1946.
- Related Work
- Musical theatre adaptation of (work): Ferber, Edna, 1887-1968. Show boat.
- Publisher Number
- SK 61877 Columbia Broadway Masterworks
- 61877-2 Columbia Broadway Masterworks
Browse related items
Start at call number: