- Mario F. Triola ; special contributions by Laura Iossi (Broward College).
- 13th edition.
- [Upper Saddle River, NJ] : Pearson, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxi, 764 pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA276.12 .T76 2018||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (page 709) and index.
- 1. Introduction to Statistics 2. Exploring Data with Tables and Graphs 3. Describing, Exploring, and Comparing Data 4. Probability 5. Discrete Probability Distributions 6. Normal Probability Distributions 7. Estimating Parameters and Determining Sample Sizes 8. Hypothesis Testing 9. Inferences from Two Samples 10. Correlation and Regression 11. Goodness-of-Fit and Contingency Tables 12. Analysis of Variance 13. Nonparametric Tests 14. Statistical Process Control 15. Ethics in Statistics.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780134462455 20170327
- Publisher's Summary
- For courses in Introductory Statistics Real data brings statistics to life From opinion polls and clinical trials to self-driving cars, statistics influences and shapes the world around us. Best-selling author Marty Triola is committed to keeping Elementary Statistics relentlessly current--with an unprecedented amount of up-to-the-minute real data--so that readers of all backgrounds understand the role of statistics in the world around them. In addition to an abundance of new data sets, examples, and exercises, the 13th Edition is designed to be even more flexible, with the addition of learning objectives as an organizational tool, larger data sets, and new topics in line with advancements in statistics. In addition, readers will find more support in an all-new series of videos, more opportunities for practice, and improved support for statistical software. Elementary Statistics is part of a series that also includes an Essentials version as well as technology-specific texts, Elementary Statistics Using the TI 83/84 Plus Calculator and Elementary Statistics Using Excel. Data sets and other resources for this series are available at our website. Also available with MyLab Statistics MyLab(TM) Statistics is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage readers and improve results. Within its structured environment, readers practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them absorb the material and understand difficult concepts. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab, search for: 00134442156 / 9780134442150 Elementary Statistics Plus MyLab Statistics with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of: *0134462459 / 9780134462455 Elementary Statistics*0321847997 / 9780321847997 MyLab Statistics Glue-in Access Card*032184839X / 9780321848390 MyLab Statistics Inside Sticker for Glue-In Packages.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780134462455 20170327
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780134462455 (student edition)
- 0134462459 (student edition)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: