Biostatistics for the biological and health sciences
- Marc M. Triola, MD, FACP (New York University School of Medicine), Mario F. Triola (Dutchess Community College), Jason Roy, PHD (University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine).
- Second edition.
- [Boston] : Pearson, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvi, 699 pages : color illustrations ; 28 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH323.5 .T75 2018||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Introduction to Statistics 2. Exploring Data with Tables and Graphs 3. Describing, Exploring, and Comparing Data 4. Probability 5. Discrete Probability Distributions 6. Normal Probability Distributions 7. Estimating Parameters and Determining Sample Sizes 8. Hypothesis Testing 9. Inferences from Two Samples 10. Correlation and Regression 11. Goodness-of-Fit and Contingency Tables 12. Analysis of Variance 13. Nonparametric Tests 14. Survival Analysis.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780134039015 20170313
- Publisher's Summary
- For courses in Introductory Statistics Real-world applications connect statistical concepts to everyday life. Biostatistics for the Biological and Health Sciences uses a variety of real-world applications to bring statistical theories and methods to life. Through these examples and a friendly writing style, the 2nd Edition ensures that you understand concepts and develop skills in critical thinking, technology, and communication. The result of collaboration between a biological sciences expert and the author of the #1 statistics book in the country, Biostatistics for the Biological and Health Sciences provides an excellent introduction to statistics for readers interested in the biological, life, medical, and health sciences. Also available with MyLab Statistics MyLab(TM) Statistics is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them absorb course material and understand difficult concepts. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab(TM) does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab, search for: 0134718011/9780134718019 Biostatistics for the Biological and Health Sciences Plus MyLab Statistics with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of: *0134039017/9780134039015 Biostatistics for the Biological and Health Sciences*0321847997/9780321847997 MyLab Statistics Glue-in Access Card*032184839X/9780321848390 MyLab Statistics Inside Sticker for Glue-In Packages.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780134039015 20170313
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780134039015 (hardcover)
- 0134039017 (hardcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: