Glenn Gould at the movies
- New York, NY : Sony Classical, ℗1999.
- Physical description
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
- From Slaughterhouse five :
- 1972. Concerto no. 5 for piano and orchestra in F minor, BWV 1056 (11:00) ; Goldberg variations : BWV
- 988. Variations 18 and 25 [also from The terminal man] (8:00) ; Brandenburg concerto : no. 4 in G major, BWV
- 1049. Presto (4:34) ; Concerto no. 3 for piano and orchestra in D major, BWV 1054 (17:00) / Johann Sebastian Bach
- From The wars :
- 1983. Fünf Klavierstücke, op.
- 3. Largo / Richard Strauss (10:17) ; Two intermezzos: op. 117, no. 1, and op. 118, no. 6 / Johannes Brahms (5:36; 5:59)
- From Thirty two short films about Glenn Gould :
- 1993. English suite : no. 5 in E minor, BWV
- 810. Prélude / Johann Sebastian Bach (4:43) ; Sonatine no. 2 for piano in E major, op. 67, no.
- 2. Andantino / Jean Sibelius (2:42) ; Deux morceaux, op.
- 57. No. 1, Désir / Alexander Scriabin (1:57) ; Prélude & fugue no. 1 in C major, BWV
- 846. Prélude (2:22) ; The art of the fugue : BWV
- 1080. Excerpts [i.e. Contrapunctus IX] (3:07) / Johann Sebastian Bach.
- Included Work
- Bach, Johann Sebastian, 1685-1750. Instrumental music. Selections.
- Strauss, Richard, 1864-1949. Stücke, piano, op. 3. Largo.
- Brahms, Johannes, 1833-1897. Intermezzi, piano, op. 117. Nr. 1.
- Brahms, Johannes, 1833-1897. Stücke, piano, op. 118. Intermezzo, E♭ minor.
- Sibelius, Jean, 1865-1957. Sonatinas, piano, op. 67. No. 2. Andantino.
- Scriabin, Aleksandr Nikolayevich, 1872-1915. Morceaux, piano, op. 57. Désir.
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Selections originally released 1956-1984.
- Compact disc.
- Program notes by Tim Page and excerpt from the original liner notes of Slaughterhouse five, in English with German and French translations (28 p. : ports.) inserted in container.
- Glenn Gould, piano (1st-2nd and 4h-11th works), organ (12th work); Charles Libove, violin (1st work); Columbia Symphony Orchestra; Vladimir Golschmann, conductor (1st and 4th works); Marlboro Festival Orchestra; Pablo Casals, conductor (3rd work).
- Recorded 1955-1967, at the Columbia Street Studio, New York City (1st-2nd, 4th, 6th-7th, and 11th works); July 9 and 11, 1964, Marlboro, VT (3rd work); Apr. 23, 1979, Old St. Laurence Hall, Toronto (5th work); 1972-1977, Eaton's Auditorium, Toronto (8th-10th works); and Jan. 31-Feb. 21, 1962, All Saints' Anglican Church, Toronto, and Chapel of the Theological College, New York City (12th work).
- Related Work
- Slaughterhouse-five (Motion picture)
- Terminal man (Motion picture)
- Wars (Motion picture : 1983)
- Thirty two short films about Glenn Gould.
- Publisher Number
- SK 66531 Sony Classical
Browse related items
Start at call number: