Dust & grooves : adventures in record collecting
- Eilon Paz.
- First Ten Speed Press edition.
- Berkeley : Ten Speed Press, [ 2015]
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 440 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 31 cm
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|ML406 .P39 2015 F||Unknown|
- Paz, Eilon, author.
- Preface: I'm really just a casual record collector / Eilon Paz
- Foreword: Sweet analog sounds / The RZA
- Introduction: Own together now / Jeff "Chairman" Mao
- The photographs
- Vinyl lingo
- The interviews: Tales of a trailblazer / Gilles Peterson ; Shared stereo / Kieran Hebden (Four Tet) ; I'm still digging, man / Rich Medina ; King of '78s / Joe Bussard ; Melody, hooks, and magic / Sheila Burgel ; Back to the roots / Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson ; The mad librarian / Jonny Trunk ; Connecting worlds / Eothen "Egon" Alapatt ; Bribes beers, and bus rides from hell / digging in Ghana with Frank Gossner ; The insider / Dante Carfagna ; What makes a killer collection? / the Gaslamp Killer ; Can you tell me where you dig on Sesame Street? / Dante Candelora ; Beyond the blues : records off the beaten path of Highway 61.
- "An inside look into the world of vinyl record collectors in the most intimate of environments: their record rooms ... Photographic essays from photographer Eilon Paz are paired with ... interviews to illustrate what motivates these collectors to keep digging for more records"--Amazon.com.
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Dust and grooves
- "Includes interviews with Questlove, Gilles Peterson, Four Tet, the Gaslamp Killer, Egon and more."
- 9781607748694 (hardcover ; alk. paper)
- 160774869X (hardcover ; alk. paper)
- 9781607748700 (ebook)
- 1607748703 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: