Madness and crime
- edited by Philip T. Bean.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2017.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 4 volumes ; 25 cm.
- Critical concepts in criminology.
Law Library (Crown)
Library has: v.1-
|HV6133 .M29 2017 V.1||Unknown|
|HV6133 .M29 2017 V.2||Unknown|
|HV6133 .M29 2017 V.3||Unknown|
|HV6133 .M29 2017 V.4||Unknown|
- Bean, Philip, 1936- editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Volume I: Part 1: madness, crime and compulsion
- Volume II: Part 2 : madness, crime and violence
- Part 3 : legal defences
- Volume III: Part 4 : the police, courts and mentally disordered offenders
- Part 5 : the mentally disordered offender in custody
- Volume IV: Part 6 : the mentally disordered offender in the community
- Part 7 : diversion
- Part 8 : treatment or control.
- Publisher's Summary
- Madness raises intriguing-and complex-criminological questions, not least the famous trio of 'triability, responsibility, and punishability'. Furthermore, law-enforcement agencies frequently face a choice between invoking the criminal law or using mental-health remedies. And if and when sentences are passed, not all mentally disordered offenders receive treatment. That prompts a number of additional questions, such as: how effective are institutions to which these offenders are sent? And: do mentally disordered offenders differ qualitatively from the criminal population as a whole? As serious research on and around madness and crime continues to flourish, this new four-volume collection from Routledge's Critical Concepts in Criminology series addresses these and other questions. Indeed, Madness and Crime provides an authoritative and highly readable anthology of major works, compiled by one of the leading authorities in the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781138962002 20170327
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Critical concepts in criminology
- 9781138962002 set
- 1138962007 set
- 9781138962019 volume 1
- 1138962015 volume 1
- 9781138962040 volume 2
- 113896204X volume 2
- 9781138962057 volume 3
- 1138962058 volume 3
- 9781138962064 volume 4
- 1138962066 volume 4
Browse related items
Start at call number: