Architecture and agriculture : a rural design guide
- Dewey Thorbeck.
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2017.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xix, 211 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm
- Thorbeck, Dewey author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 200-202) and index.
- List of Figures. Acknowledgments. Foreword by Thomas Fisher
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Rural Architectural Heritage
- 3. Rural Architecture and Rural Design
- 4. Architecture and Agriculture Case Studies
- 5. Worker and Animal Safety and Health
- 6. Rural Sustainability and Green Design
- 7. In-between Landscapes
- 8. Rural Futures
- 9. Epilogue Illustration Credits. References. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Architecture and Agriculture: A Rural Design Guide presents architectural guidelines for buildings designed and constructed in rural landscapes by emphasizing their connections with function, culture, climate, and place. Following on from the author's first book Rural Design, the book discusses in detail the buildings that humans construct in support of agriculture. By examining case studies from around the world including Australia, China, Japan, Norway, Poland, Japan, Portugal, North America, Africa and the Southeast Asia it informs readers about the potentials, opportunities, and values of rural architecture, and how they have been developed to create sustainable landscapes and sustainable buildings for rapidly changing rural futures.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781138937666 (hardback ; alkaline paper)
- 1138937665 (hardback ; alkaline paper)
- 9781138937680 (paperback ; alkaline paper)
- 1138937681 (paperback ; alkaline paper)
- 9781315676166 (electronic book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: