On Aaron Copland : the man and his music
- by Michael Tilson Thomas. Fanfare for the common man.
- English. Narrated in English (1st work).
- New York, NY : RCA Victor Red Seal : Distribution in the U.S. by BMG Distribution, ℗2000.
- Physical description
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Fanfare for the common man
- Introduction to The modernist, and Symphonic ode
- Concerto for piano and orchestra
- Orchestral variations
- Short symphony
- Introduction to The populist
- Billy the Kid
- Appalachian spring
- On first meeting Aaron Copland, and Aaron Copland the man
- Introduction to Fanfare for the common man
- Fanfare for the common man.
- Addresses on Aaron Copland by Michael Tilson Thomas intended to supplement the two recordings: Copland the modernist, and Copland the populist, preceded and followed by a recording of Copland's Fanfare for the common man.
- Included Work
- Copland, Aaron, 1900-1990. Fanfare for the common man.
- Publication date
- Recording of Fanfare for the common man performed by San Francisco Symphony, Michael Tilson Thomas, conductor.
- Fanfare for the common man recorded May, 1999, at Davies Symphony Hall, San Francisco ; On Aaron Copland : the man and his music recorded July 11, 2000, Funhouse Sapporo Studio, Japan.
- Related Work
- Copland the modernist.
- Copland the populist.
- Publisher Number
- RCDJ-63719-2 RCA Victor Red Seal
- RCDJ-63719-2 RCAVictor
Browse related items
Start at call number: