[9-3/8” Radius lattice frame sextant].
- [London?] : George Adams, approximately 1785.
- Physical description
- 1 sextant
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|GA51.B9 A3  SEXTANT||In process|
- Adams, George, 1709-1772.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- [Lattice frame sextant]
- In dovetailed fitted mahogany case. Original finish of polished lacquered brass.
- Radius inset silver scale graduated from 15 to 140 degrees with vernier readout to 1 arcmin. (Scale almost certainly was cut on a Ramsden engine). Tangent screw control, 4 square mirror colored glass filters, 3 round horizon mirror colored glass filters and mahogany handle.
- Original accessories include complete long telescopic eyepiece with two solar filters, and incomplete short eyepiece and pepsight eyepiece with one solar filter.
Browse related items
Start at call number: