Community engagement program implementation and teacher preparation for 21st century education
- Cathryn Crosby and Frederick Brockmeier, editors.
- Hershey, Pennsylvania (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA 17033, USA) : IGI Global, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (329 pages).
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "Who's schooling who?": counter-schooling toward feasible utopias / H. Bernard Hall, Hannah Ashley
- Preparing pre-service teachers' expectations and resilience: service-learning with English language learners / Christine Rosalia
- Civic minor in urban youth and communities: a new service-learning curriculum disrupts traditional teacher education / Heather Coffey, [and 3 others]
- Making space for place: exploring place-based education (PBE) in K-12 education / Patricia Hrusa Williams, Amanda Labelle
- Collaborations between elementary schools and higher education: lessons learned from community-engaged science education efforts / Patricia Hrusa Williams, Carole K. Lee
- Alternative service-learning projects in mathematics: moving away from tutoring and consulting / Lisa E. Marano, Kimberly Dempsey, Ross Michael Leiser
- Planning service-learning abroad for teacher candidates: teaching, living, and learning in Costa Rica / Michele Lynn Regalla
- The Tamaula Project: service learning in central Mexico - a report on the service-learning approach at the Tecnológico de Monterrey, Irapuato campus / Cynthia M. Montaudon Tomas, Eliseo L. Vilalta-Perdomo
- Service learning in online courses / Bethany Simunich
- Benefits of community engagement in an online TESOL course for teachers in globalized spaces / Cathryn Read Crosby
- Building a foundation for a philanthropic future: community-engagement in an online college class / Mary Todd Chesnut --
- Calling for children friendly community life: voices of children and parents from China / Yan Li, Lucinda Morgan, Jiacheng Li
- Practicing what we teach, practitioner reflections: understanding the impact of service-learning on those who teach it / Cara Marie DiEnno, Sarah Plummer Taylor
- In search of transformative 21st century pedagogy: a call for critical service-learning in the elementary environment / Laura K. Handler.
- Publisher's summary
Education in the 21st century has been tasked with preparing students to begin the journey towards a place in their communities in which they feel fulfilled and autonomous. Service learning is one way to introduce students to careers and knowledge that will prepare them for a successful life. Community Engagement Program Implementation and Teacher Preparation for 21st Century Education examines the many ways in which community engagement is carried out in all educational settings, from K-12 to higher education. This publication is unique in its mission to examine these topics from a holistic perspective. From online education to volunteer organizations, this book gives educators, administrators, community volunteers, and students a window into the successful deployment of such programs to prepare students for a global society.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- Also available in print.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781522508724 electronic
- 9781522508717 print
Browse related items
Start at call number: