Regulation of cytokine gene expression in immunity and diseases
- Xiaojing Ma, editor.
- Dordrecht : Springer, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (viii, 225 pages) : color illustrations .
- Advances in experimental medicine and biology ; v. 941. 0065-2598
- Ma, Xiaojing, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Regulation of IFN-gamma expression.- Regulation of The interleukin-1 family.- Regulation of IL-4 Expression in Immunity and Diseases.- Regulation of IL-6 in immunity and diseases.- Regulation of Interleukin-10 Expression.- Regulation of Interleukin-12 Production in Antigen-Presenting Cells.- Regulation of Interleukin-17 production.- Regulation of interleukin-23 expression in health and disease.- Regulation and immune function of IL-27.- The immunobiology of Interleukin-35 and its regulation and gene expression.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This book explores the major cytokines, such as IL-1 and IFN-gamma, with respect to the regulation of their gene expression and protein production in specific immune cell types. It discusses both healthy physiological settings and in pathological situations in which the expression of some cytokines could be dysregulated, resulting in either immunodeficiency or exacerbated inflammatory sequelae in animal models as well as in human patients. Cytokines are important regulators of immune responses that require the highly coordinated participation and communication of multiple cell types. The expression of cytokines by various producer cell types is therefore carefully regulated in response to environmental cues at multiple levels: transcription, translation and posttranslational modification. Presenting cutting-edge advances in our understanding of the regulation of cytokine expression, this book is a valuable resource for anyone involved or interested in immune regulation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Advances in experimental medicine and biology, 2214-8019 ; volume 941
- 9789402409215 (electronic bk.)
- 9402409211 (electronic bk.)
- 9789402409192 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 940240919X (hardback : alk. paper)