Clipped wings : corporate social and environmental responsibility in the airline industry
- Deborah Ancell.
- London ; New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2017.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xviii, 427 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Engineering Library (Terman)
|HE9780 .A495 2017||Unknown|
- Ancell, Deborah, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1. Introduction to economic airline sustainability Chapter 2. Society, Social Responsibility and Airline Economics Chapter 3. Inside Economically-Sustainable Airlines Chapter 4. Passenger Challenges Chapter 5. Travelling Timebomb Chapter 6. Environment, Science and Politics Chapter 7. Getting it Right Chapter 8. Challenges for Sustainability Conclusion.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781472477736 20170313
- Publisher's Summary
- Within the developed world, airlines have responded to the advice of advocates for corporate social and environmental responsibility (CSER) to use the intertwined dimensions of economics, society and environment to guide their business activities. However, disingenuously, the advocates and regulators frequently pay insufficient attention to the economics which are critical to airlines' sustainability and profits. This omission pushes airlines into the unprofitable domain of CSERplus. The author identifies alleged market inefficiencies and failures, examines CSERplus impacts on international competition and assesses the unintended consequences of the regulations. She also provides innovative ideas for future-proofing airlines. Clipped Wings is a treatise for business professionals featuring academic research as well as industry anecdotes. It is written for airlines (including their owners, employees, passengers and suppliers), airports, trade associations, policy makers, educators, students, consultants, CSERplus specialists and anyone who is concerned about the future of competitive airlines.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781472477736 20170313
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781472477736 (hardback)
- 1472477731 (hardback)
- 9781315572437 (ebook)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: