Aquaculture : an introductory text
- Robert R. Stickney (Professor Emeritus, Texas A & M University, College Station, Texas USA).
- Third edition.
- Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK ; Boston, MA, USA : CABI, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 337 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|SH135 .S736 2017||Unknown|
- Stickney, Robert R. author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- -: Foreword
- 1: General Overview of Aquaculture
- 2: Getting Started
- 3: Culture Systems
- 4: Understanding and Maintaining Water Quality
- 5: Diseases and Parasites of Aquaculture Species
- 6: Reproduction and Early Rearing
- 7: Prepared Feeds
- 8: Aquatic Animal Nutrition
- 9: A Pot-pourri of Additional Topics.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Providing a broad and readable overview of the subject, this updated third edition of Aquaculture: An Introductory Text covers issues associated with sustainable aquaculture development, culture systems, hatchery methods, nutrition and feeding of aquaculture species, reproductive strategies, harvesting and many other topics. While its main focus is on the culture of fish, molluscs and crustaceans for food, the book also covers other forms of aquaculture, such as the production of seaweeds, recreational fish and ornamental species, and live foods such as algae and rotifers that are used to feed larval shrimp and marine fish. Thoroughly updated and revised, the third edition of this essential textbook now includes: - Increased coverage of species under culture - Increased scope to cover species for enhancement, recreational fishing, commercial fishing and aquaria - Newly developed culture systems - Information on predictive impacts of climate change - Updated aquaculture production statistics Aquaculture remains one of the most rapidly growing agricultural disciplines and this book remains an essential resource for all students of aquaculture and related disciplines.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781786390097 (hardback ; alk. paper)
- 1786390094 (hardback ; alk. paper)
- 9781786390103 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- 1786390108 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- 9781786390127 (ePub)
Browse related items
Start at call number: