New field, new corn : essays in Alabama legal history
- edited by Paul M. Pruitt, Jr., foreword by Bryan K. Fair.
- New Orleans, Louisiana : Quid Pro Books, 2015.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- x, 183 pages : illustrations, map ; 24 cm.
- Legal history and biography series.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Developments of the enclosure movement in Alabama : disrupting the free roaming / Warren Hoffman
- Flush times in the chancery : a brief note on the history of equity and trusts / Paul Rand
- The militarization of the University of Alabama / Helen Eckinger
- Economic growth in Blount County/Onteonta : attorneys, companies, and cases / Eddie Lowe
- Pioneers in Alabama legal history : a firm understanding of the history of Alabama / Mike Dodson
- A man in a boy's coat : the evolution of Alabama's constitutions / Courtney Cooper
- The uniform beneath the robe / Deirdra Drinkard
- The "breathrough verdict" : Strange v. Slate / Ellie Campbell.
- "[This book] is an anthology of research papers that explore a range of topics from the rich legal history of the state of Alabama and its influential legal and judicial figures. Contemporary photography and mapwork are featured as well...[This book] presents eight new essays on Alabama legal history from the pre-Civil War era through the Civil Rights era. These...chapters survey a broad spectrum, from economics, race, education, and professional concerns of lawyers, to plain old legal doctrine, to show how those variables affected the state's development. These essays reveal why we need intensive studies of American law at the state and county level in the 19th and 20th centuries. For they demonstrate that law is embedded in our culture. These invite many other studies, from the county level on up, in other states, to demonstrate how law lies at the center of nation's history."-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Essays in Alabama legal history
- Legal history & biography
- 9781610273237 hardcover
- 9781610273084 paperback
Browse related items
Start at call number: