Freshwater boundaries revisited : recent developments in international river and lake delimitation
- by Maŕia Querol.
- Leiden ; Boston : BRILL, 
- Physical description
- 89 pages ; 24 cm.
- Brill research perspectives.
Law Library (Crown)
|JC323 .Q47 2016||Unknown|
- Querol, María, author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 81-89).
- General remarks
- No man's land or condominium
- A single boundary at the riverbank
- The median line
- Der thalweg
- Astronomical and straight lines
- Combination of various delimitation systems
- Natural alterations in an international river
- Human activities affecting an international river
- Bridges and other works on rivers
- Enclaves in international rivers and lakes
- Human freshwater needs and access to water
- The human right to water and its influence in the field of delimitation.
- "[This book] analyzes the different methods applied in the delimitation of international rivers and lakes and the recent developments in the field. This monograph reassesses the diverse methods of boundary delimitation in view of the latest and abundant jurisprudence of the International Court of Justice and the tribunals under the aegis of the Permanent Court of Arbitration on the subject. The author focuses on the influence of human considerations in the field under study and the legal consequences ensuing therefrom, in addition to drawing some conclusions regarding freshwater boundaries."-- Back cover.
- Water boundaries.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Recent developments in international river and lake delimitation
- Brill research perspectives
- "Originally published as Volume 1(3) 2016, in International water law, DOI 10.1163/23529369-123400003."--Title page verso.
- "International water law"--Front cover.
- Related Work
- International water law.
- 900433792X paperback
- 9789004337923 paperback
Browse related items
Start at call number: