Adam Smith and law
- [edited by] Robin Paul Malloy, Syracuse University, New York, USA.
- London ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2017.
- Physical description
- x, 524 pages ; 26 cm.
- Philosophers and law.
- Malloy, Robin Paul, 1956- editor, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Adam Smith and jurisprudence / C.A. Cooke
- Adam Smith on law / Neil MacCormick
- Adam Smith on justice / David Lieberman
- Adam Smith and the law / Fabrizio Simon
- Adam Smith and the role of the courts in securing justice and liberty / John W. Cairns
- Adam Smith's treatment of criminal law / J. Ralph Lindgren
- Adam Smith on delictual liability / Kenneth A.B. Mackinnon
- Adam Smith's historical jurisprudence and the "method of the civilians" / Ernest Metzger
- Adam Smith and "the most sacred rules of justice" / Christel Fricke
- On the role of positive law in humankind's evolution, Adam Smith's moral philosophy / Jerry Evensky
- The importance of Adam Smith's Wealth of nations in English history / W.S. Holdsworth
- Adam Smith at the Constitutional Convention / Iain McLean and Scot M. Peterson
- Adam Smith and the economy as a system of power / Warren J. Samuels
- Modern natural law meets the market : the case of Adam Smith / Amit Ron
- Limited liability and the wealth of "uncivilised nations" : Adam Smith and the limits to the European Enlightenment / Hugh Goodacre
- Freeing Smith from the "free market" : on the misperception of Adam Smith on the economic role of government / Warren J. Samuels and Steven G. Medema
- The neglected agent : justice, power, and distribution in Adam Smith / Amos Witztum and Jeffrey T. Young
- Adam Smith, collusion and "right" at the Supreme Court / David M. Levy and Sandra J. Peart
- Adam Smith in the courts of the United States / Robin Paul Malloy.
- Publisher's Summary
- The essays selected for this volume highlight the contributions of Adam Smith to our understanding of law and jurisprudence. The collection provides a detailed and overarching analysis of Smith's work related to law and shows how Smith connected jurisprudence to moral philosophy and to economics. In this regard, the volume is unique and stands out in comparison to the many books which explore Smith's contributions to economics. Contributions to this volume form the core of an essential research collection on Adam Smith and law by reproducing key works of scholarship in a form that permits the user to authoritatively cite the original publications; maintaining the original pagination and references.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781472427601 20170306
- Publication date
- Philosophers and law
- 1472427602 hardcover
- 9781472427601 hardcover
Browse related items
Start at call number: