London and Birmingham Railway [cartographic material] : Robt. Stephenson, esqr., engineer
- London : Published by C.F. Cheffins, 9, Southampton Buildings, Holborn ; Birmingham : Wrightson & Webb, New Street, 1838.
- Physical description
- 2 maps : color, dissected and mounted on cloth ; 29 x 71 cm, folded to 16 x 10 cm
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|G5751 .P3 L8 1838 .C4 #1||In-library use|
|G5751 .P3 L8 1838 .C4 #2||In-library use|
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:130,000].
- Relief shown by hachures.
- On verso: Map shewing the branch traffic for passengers & parcels connected with the London & Birmingham Railway; publisher's advertisements; railway fares and regulations.
- Kress Lib. Pioneer period of English railroads p. 42
- Stanford copy missing panel.
Browse related items
Start at call number: