Hungary's crisis of democracy : the road to serfdom
- Peter Wilkin.
- Lanham, Maryland : Lexington Books, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxv, 223 pages ; 24 cm
- Wilkin, Peter, 1963- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 181-218) and index.
- Chapter 1 Hungary in the Modern World-System
- Chapter 2 Hungary, communism and the democratic transition
- Chapter 3 The evolution of Fidesz: From neo-liberals to conservative nationalists
- Chapter 4 Social movement protest
- 1: The challenge of Jobbik
- Chapter 5 Digital governance and media wars: The battle for Hungary's media
- Chapter 6 Social Movement protest
- 2: Milla and virtual politics
- Chapter 7 The European Union, NATO and the Hungarian crisis.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This book examines the crisis of democracy in Hungary since the election of the Fidesz government in 2010. It argues that Fidesz seeks to challenge the capitalist and democratic transformation that shaped Hungary after the fall of communism by increasing the power of the state over crucial aspects of the economy, society, and the political system.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780739187913 (hardcover ; alkaline paper)
- 0739187910 (hardcover ; alkaline paper)
- 9780739187920 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: