Hank Williams [sound recording] : the complete Mother's Best recordings--- plus
- Hank Williams.
- [United States] : Time Life, pc2010.
- Physical description
- 15 sound discs : digital ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 videodisc + 1 v. (105 p. : ill. ; 18 cm) + 1 map.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|ACD 1058||In-library use|
Library has: CD1-
15 + 1 DVD + 1 book + 1 map
|MCD 28827 BOOK||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 CD 1||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 CD 2||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 CD 3||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 CD 4||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 CD 5||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 CD 6||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 CD 7||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 CD 8||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 CD 9||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 CD 10||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 CD 11||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 CD 12||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 CD 13||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 CD 14||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 CD 15||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 DVD||Unknown|
|MCD 28827 MAP||Unknown|
- 1: Where the old red river flows; Over moonlit waters; How can you refuse him now ; Alabama waltz ; Fire on the mountain ; Lord build me a cabin ; Nobody's lonesome for me ; Twin guitar polka ; Gathering flowers for the master's bouquet ; Eighth of January ; The blind child's prayer ; Blue steel blues ; When God dips his love in my heart ; Mansion on the hill ; I like that kind ; How can you refuse him now
- 2: Nobody's lonesome for me ; My tight wad daddy ; I'll have a new life ; Everything's okay ; Why should I cry ; I heard my mother praying for me ; Move it on over ; I'm satisfied with life ; I saw the light ; Seaman's blues ; Blues in my mind ; Something got a hold of me ; Blue eyes crying in the rain ; Bonaparte's retreat ; I've just told mama goodbye
- 3: May you never be alone ; My love for you (has turned to hate) ; Dear brother ; They'll never take her love from me ; (Last night) I heard you crying in my sleep ; Wait for the light to shine ; Whistling Rufus ; Pins and needles (in my heart) ; Four flusher ; I heard my mother praying for me ; Cool water ; Orange blossom special ; Oh those tombs (Lonely tombs) ; I just don't like this kind of living ; You don't have to be a baby to cry ; Jesus remembered me
- 4: On the banks of the Pontchartrain ; Blue love (in my heart) ; Calling you ; My sweet love ain't around ; Model T love ; Where the soul never dies ; Mind your own business ; I like that kind ; When God dips his love in my heart ; Cold, cold heart ; Honky tonkin' ; Sally Goodin ; Dear John ; I'm satisfied with life ; Something got hold of me
- 5: Move it on over ; Waltz of the wind ; I'll have a new life ; Faded love and winter roses ; Four flusher ; I saw the light ; At the first fall of snow ; I like that kind ; When God dips his love in my heart ; Wedding bells ; My tight wad daddy ; Where the soul never dies ; Why don't you love me ; Blue love (in my heart) ; Dear brother
- 6: Why should we try any more ; Low and lonely ; Jesus died for me ; Long gone lonesome blues ; (Last night) I heard you crying in your sleep ; Lonely tombs ; Turkey in the straw ; Dear John ; If you want some lovin' ; I heard my mother praying for me ; Moanin' the blues ; Honky tonkin' ; I'll have a new life ; Dear John ; Roadside rag ; I'll fly away ; Bonaparte's retreat
- 7: Cold, cold heart ; Fire on the mountain ; Farther along ; You may never be alone ; Arkansas traveler ; I'll have a new life ; Next Sunday darling is my birthday ; Old Joe Clark ; Deck of cards ; Tennessee border ; Blue bonnet rag ; Dear brother ; Whistling Rufus ; I can't help it (if I'm still in love with you) ; Panhandle rag ; Gathering flowers for the master's bouquet ; Bill Cheatham
- 8: Pictures from life's other side ; Sally Goodin ; I'm gonna sing ; Just waitin' ; Paradise Isle ; When the fire comes down from heaven ; My sweet love ain't around ; I can't tell my heart that ; Where the soul never dies ; I can't help it (if I'm still in love with you) ; Panhandle rag ; Drifting too far from the shore ; Just when I needed you ; Steel guitar stomp ; I'll fly away
- 9: Cold, cold heart ; Dance all night ; The old country church ; Move it on over ; The darktown strutters' ball ; Thy burdens are greater than mine ; Faded love and winter roses ; Fire on the mountain ; I heard my Savior calling me ; Just when I needed you ; I can't tell my heart that ; Farther along ; There's nothing as sweet as my baby ; Turkey in the straw ; Wait for my light to shine
- 10: Where the old red river flows ; Blue steel blues ; Thirty pieces of silver ; On top of old smoky ; Columbus stockade blues ; The prodigal son ; Moanin' the blues ; Blue steel blues ; I dreamed about mom last night ; Where the old red river flows ; Orange blossom special ; Where He leads me, I will follow ; I hang my head and cry ; Tennessee Wagner ; At the cross
- 11: I dreamed about mom last night ; Black Mountain rag ; I heard my savior calling me ; Low and lonely ; Foolish questions ; The funeral/Steal away ; Mind your own business ; Old Joe Clark ; I dreamed about mom last night ; I just don't like this kind of lovin' ; Tennessee Wagner ; The pale horse and his rider ; My sweet love ain't around ; Fire on the mountain ; I saw the light
- 12: I'm so lonesome I could cry ; Corrine, Corrina ; I heard my savior calling me ; If I didn't love you ; Panhandle rag ; Wait for the light to shine ; You blotted my happy school days ; Orange blossom special ; Dust on the Bible ; I've been down that road before ; Gentle Annie ; I've got my one-way ticket to the sky ; Hey good lookin' ; Alabama jubilee ; Searching for a soldier's grave
- 13: California Zephyr ; Down yonder ; Softly and tenderly ; Lonesome whistle ; Roadside rag ; I am bound for the promised land ; Have I told you lately that I love you ; Sally Goodin ; When the saints go marchin' in ; Hey, good lookin' ; Silver bell ; I'm gonna sing ; Turkey in the straw ; I can't help it (if I'm still in love with you) ; Dance all night ; Lonely tombs ; Crazy heart (incomplete)
- 14: I can't tell my heart that ; Georgia steel guitar ; Precious Lord, take my hand ; Just waitin' ; Eighth of January ; From Jerusalem to Jericho ; I'll sail my ship alone ; Gentle Annie ; I'll have a new life ; Lonesome whistle ; I don't love nobody ; I dreamed that the great judgment morning ; Cherokee boogie ; Columbus stockade blues ; That beautiful home
- 15: Why don't you love me ; San Antonio rose ; Honey, be my honey bee ; Cold, cold heart ; Stars in her eyes : anti-venereal disease play.
- ["Includes songs and conversation by Hank Williams on each disc."]
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- Complete Mother's Best recordings--- plus
- Compact discs.
- Housed in a replica of a vintage tube radio with sound component.
- Map (14 x 29 in.) details Williams' 1951 130 show radio tour. Poster-size photograph of Williams is on the reverse side of the map.
- DVD (c2008). Hank Williams: the untold stories. "For the first time, hear the incredible story of these unreleased recordings in his revealing behind-the-scenes conversation between Hank's daughter, Jett Williams, and two members of Hank's band, Don Helms and Big Bill Lister, together with former WSM engineer Glenn Snoddy."
- Hank Williams, Audrey Williams, The Drifting Cowboys ; with acc.
- Recorded 1951, for Mother's Best show, an early morning radio show on WSM, Nashville, Tenn.
- Related Work
- Mother's Best (Radio program)
- Related Work
- Hank Williams the untold stories
- Publisher Number
- 25567-D Time Life
Browse related items
Start at call number: