- chejak, T'oillet P'ikch'yŏsŭ, Tissiji P'ŭllŏsŭ ; chejak, An Pyŏng-gi, Sin Hye-yŏn ; kakpon/kamdok, Kang Hyŏng-ch'ŏl.
- 과속 스캔들 / 제작, 토일렛 픽쳐스, 디씨지 플러스 ; 제작, 안 병기, 신 혜연 ; 각본/감독, 강 형철.
- Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, French, Arabic. In Korean with Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, French or Arabic subtitles.
- video file; DVD video; all regions.
- [Seoul] : Korean Film Archive, 2015.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (109 minutes) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Modernization on screen : understanding Korean society and modernization through films
- Kang, Hyŏng-ch'ŏl, film director, screenwriter.
- 강 형철, film director, screenwriter.
- An, Pyŏng-gi, producer.
- 안 병기, producer.
- Sin, Hye-yŏn, producer.
- 신 혜연, producer.
- Ch'a, T'ae-hyŏn, 1976- actor.
- 차 태현, 1976- actor.
- Pak, Po-yŏng, actor.
- 박 보영, actor.
- Wang, Sŏk-hyŏn, actor.
- 왕 석현, actor.
- T'oillet P'ikch'yŏsŭ, production company.
- 토일렛 픽쳐스, production company.
- DCG Plus (Firm), production company.
- 디씨지 플러스, production company.
- Sejong Yŏnghwa Chusik Hoesa, production company.
- 세종 영화 주식 회사, production company.
- Korea (South). Munhwa Ch'eyuk Kwan'gwangbu, production company.
- Korea (South). 문화 체육 관광부, production company.
- Han'guk Yŏngsang Charyowŏn (Seoul, Korea), production company, publisher.
- 한국 영상 자료원 (Seoul, Korea), production company, publisher.
Scandal makers: "Nam Hyeon-su, who was once an pop idol, is now not that popular, but is still doing well as a radio DJ. He is enjoying the perfect single life. One day, Hwang Jeong-nam, who has sent her stories to his radio program, goes to see him and insists that she is his daughter from his first time having sex, when he was in the ninth grade. Moreover, she has a son, Gi-dong, whom she gave birth to at the age of seventeen. Hyeon-su does not accept Jeong-nam and Gi-dong at first, but eventually he adjusts to living with them. However, Hyeon-su's career is in crisis as he becomes involved in a rumor that he is dating Jeong-nam. Hyeon-su blames this scandal on Jeong-nam with harsh words, which makes her leave him. Hyeon-su, left alone, soon regrets his actions and conveys his true feelings for her on his radio program. His message makes Jeong-nam return to him, but she loses Gi-dong for the moment. After a mess of a time looking for Gi-dong, they finally come together and accept themselves as a family."--Container.
- "Modernization has been an important subject for Korea in the last century. Modernization was exchangeable with economic development and industrialization, and people took part on the road to achieve the so-called "Miracle on the Han River." Consequently, Korea was accredited as one of the rare countries that accomplished rapid economic growth. The shadow, however, was cast deeply along with the fast track of the development, and Korean society is now facing all problems great and small. It is meaningful to look back at the process of Korean modernization and to view various aspects of the modern represented in the films. These endeavors bring us beyond the mere appreciation of the past in a retrospective fashion and provide us a chance to make a rendezvous of the past with the present and that of the present with the past. The films selected from each period reveal the problems, values, and subconsciousness of the time, and they function as referential frameworks for each other, which bring you the joy of new discoveries."--Commentary book.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- Title also in English on DVD surface and container: Scandal makers
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2008.
- Planned by Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MCST) of the Republic of Korea ; co-planned by Korean Film Archive.
- Production Credits
- Ch'waryŏng, Kim Chun-yŏng ; ŭmak, Kim Chun-sŏk ; pʻyonjip, Nam Na-yŏng.
- 촬영, 김 준영 ; 음악, 김 준석 ; 편집, 남 나영.
- Chʻa Tʻae-hyŏn, Pak Po-yŏng, Wang Sŏk-hyŏn.
- 차 태현, 박 보영, 왕 석현.
- DVD; region ALL ; NTSC; 2.35:1 anamorpic widescreen.
Browse related items
Start at call number: